Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

I would rather be poor and white, than poor and black. I didn't grew up in the best of places either, but I have no problems assuming that I am better off than most black people in the inner city.

 

So you're white and never lived in the inner city ?

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was clearly privileged in the times I have dealt with the police with blacks also involved. I was brushed aside and sent on my way. They were cuffed, detained and put in the system even while innocent and doing nothing. See it enough and you gain a perspective on what they go through on a daily basis for nothing more than the color of their skin.

 

So, yes, when people speak on it I will continue to express what I have experienced first hand on the matter...

 

For the record so now your saying you are privileged I'm confused. Then why get upset when I say it. I can't keep up.

So you're white and never lived in the inner city ?

 

I have lived in an inner city.

The excuse that the leaders don't represent the skin color of the population . Almost everyone in a position of influence in this city is black. If they didn't make the changes people felt they needed that white leaders put in place in the past that is on those black leaders.

 

Blacks have talked about key problems such as the police force and prisons. The problems are that the prisons and court systems and police don't wanna admit they have a problem with racial discrimination.

Where I grew up I've seen it with both White and Black people the way you describe it . I don't deny some cops are racist as are some people of all races. I've been in the car with a group of teammates while the reason we were pulled over for a suspect reason.

 

The point is because I was white didn't guarantee my success or make my journey any easier. It may of been easier because my dad had a couple extra bucks for lunch that my buddy around the corner didn't have. But my skins color doesn't define me or what success I've managed to have.

 

You've seen whites harassed while blacks were let go during a police stop? Have you also seen Bigfoot??? :lol2:

Where I grew up I've seen it with both White and Black people the way you describe it . I don't deny some cops are racist as are some people of all races. I've been in the car with a group of teammates while the reason we were pulled over for a suspect reason.

 

The point is because I was white didn't guarantee my success or make my journey any easier. It may of been easier because my dad had a couple extra bucks for lunch that my buddy around the corner didn't have. But my skins color doesn't define me or what success I've managed to have.

 

Good for you. It does play a factor for black people. Once again, not the end all be all excuse, but if one has a bigger hole to climb out of, it makes it more difficult.

You've seen whites harassed while blacks were let go during a police stop? Have you also seen Bigfoot??? :lol2:

 

Yep on more than one occasion.

Good for you. It does play a factor for black people. Once again, not the end all be all excuse, but if one has a bigger hole to climb out of, it makes it more difficult.

 

People of all skins colors have different holes to climb for different reasons. At the end of they day it all comes down to the color green.

 

I've never denied an issue I just refute arguments being made. The problems reside with jobs education and wealth not skin color. If we keep using arguments from the 1960s we get 1960s results.

 

Anyone who thinks being black holds you back in corporate America is either lying or naive. In today's business world big business is searching for quality minority candidates. They want them in the worst way. That is why it goes back to education. For better or worse a minority of equal pedigree of his white counterpart will have an advantage so a company can strengthen their minority numbers. The problem lies with havING quality candidates. That is why where we have failed inner city youth is education.

Blacks have talked about key problems such as the police force and prisons. The problems are that the prisons and court systems and police don't wanna admit they have a problem with racial discrimination.

 

Talked about ? They are leaders and have the ability to act.

 

So you think cops are racist ?

People of all skins colors have different holes to climb for different reasons. At the end of they day it all comes down to the color green.

 

I've never denied an issue I just refute arguments being made. The problems reside with jobs education and wealth not skin color. If we keep using arguments from the 1960s we get 1960s results.

 

Anyone who thinks being black holds you back in corporate America is either lying or naive. In today's business world big business is searching for quality minority candidates. They want them in the worst way. That is why it goes back to education. For better or worse a minority of equal pedigree of his white counterpart will have an advantage so a company can strengthen their minority numbers. The problem lies with havING quality candidates. That is why where we have failed inner city youth is education.

 

When one race has been discriminated more than others, it affects them in a negative manner more than others. When it become evident that there is racial disparity in wealth, education, jobs, prison sentences, it is a skin problem. The problem lies whether the system, corporate or government, wants to admit how big a factor the racial discrimination plays.

Talked about ? They are leaders and habe the ability to act.

 

So you think cops are racist ?

 

Certain cops, yes. That has become quite evident.

Certain cops yes. That has become quite evident.

 

What percentage do you think?

When one race has been discriminated more than others, it affects them in a negative manner more than others. When it become evident that there is racial disparity in wealth, education, jobs, prison sentences, it is a skin problem. The problem lies whether the system, corporate or government, wants to admit how big a factor the racial discrimination plays.

 

If it were purely a white privilege problem why don't we hear the same arguments for other minority groups ?

What percentage do you think?

 

That percentage I don't know. Enough to become a problem that needs to be checked.

If it were purely a white privilege problem why don't we hear the same arguments for other minority groups ?

 

Because they haven't been discriminated in America like black people have from the moment blacks arrived on shore to today. Also, I would bet Native tribes would also want a say as well. I'm sure other racial groups have a voice. It's with other problems that racial group identifies with like hispanics and immigration.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.