Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

From the mother that some are talking about: "Graham, a single mom with six children, denounced the vandalism and violence against police officers. She said rioting in Baltimore is no way to go about getting justice for Freddie Gray and that she doesn't want that life for her son.

 

"There's some days that I'll shield him in the house just so he won't go outside and I know that I can't do that for the rest of my life," said Graham. "I'm a no-tolerant mother. Everybody that knows me, know I don't play that."

 

Graham told CBS News she thinks the situation wouldn't have been as bad if there were more mothers out there monitoring their sons. But she acknowledged there are some circumstances that can prevent moms from from doing that."

 

And from the Baltimore police chief: "I wish I had more parents who took charge of their kids tonight,"

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gee, I don't know hellbird? Maybe because slavery didn't happen as far back as you try to make it out be. I know this is hard to understand, but the people that discriminated against blacks during and after slavery were white. Now, once again, the many forms of discrimination that black have faced throughout time in America plays a significant factor. Everything leads up to something. To think that something that happens in the past doesn't affect the future is silly. How about this, instead asking one group of people taking responsibility, how about everyone takes responsibility like rockmom said. Prisons being a big business in America play a big part in racial disparity and discrimination as well. There is still systematic discrimination against blacks that people don't want to address. Also, you didn't consider the fact that the baltimore has a history of brutality problems with the police. That too needs to be addressed.

Did you read what I said? I said EVERYONE take responsibility no matter if you are black or white.

Crucify me because I said 2 centuries when it was only 1 1/2 ...shoot me.

 

You our want to address police brutality then address it. Police brutality does t always have to equate to racism. That was my other point. I pointed out the majority of the police force and the leaders were all black. Keep it about police brutality or how about that and holding the criminals partly responsive for

what happened too? Wow what a concept.

Al Sharpton was with her? What the heck...

 

Yes! Watch Fox News! He was leading her down the hallway. MSNBC needs to either yank him out of there or fire him! He can't be a reporter/host or whatever and take sides like this. He, just like Jessie, only care about themselves and the free publicity.

Ah yes. White people love the black mom beating her kid in the street. Ever consider it wasn't because he was looting, but more because he was giving white cops a reason to shoot him and she would prefer him alive???

Really?????? Because that sure isn't what she said in every songle

interview she gave. Or is it just another lie created to support a racist argument? Yep, I buy the latter.

 

How sad that people make up such sick lies simply so they can support their agenda.

 

Keep fanning the racist flames. Makes me sick. You all

will never hold

anyone accountable for their actions as long as you can always toss out the convenient race card.

"Did you read what I said? I said EVERYONE take responsibility no matter if you are black or white.

Crucify me because I said 2 centuries when it was only 1 1/2 ...shoot me.

 

You our want to address police brutality then address it. Police brutality does t always have to equate to racism. That was my other point. I pointed out the majority of the police force and the leaders were all black. Keep it about police brutality or how about that and holding the criminals partly responsive for

what happened too? Wow what a concept."

 

You did not say everyone, I did. Stop back pedaling. You were talking only about the black community. When I said everyone, I meant everyone. You on the other hand want to keep playing the I'm tired of getting blamed card. Keep talking Hellbird, I want to know what else you never mentioned in this thread but somehow you did.

Did you read what I said? I said EVERYONE take responsibility no matter if you are black or white.

Crucify me because I said 2 centuries when it was only 1 1/2 ...shoot me.

 

You our want to address police brutality then address it. Police brutality does t always have to equate to racism. That was my other point. I pointed out the majority of the police force and the leaders were all black. Keep it about police brutality or how about that and holding the criminals partly responsive for

what happened too? Wow what a concept.

 

"Graham, a single mom with six children, denounced the vandalism and violence against police officers. She said rioting in Baltimore is no way to go about getting justice for Freddie Gray and that she doesn't want that life for her son.

 

"There's some days that I'll shield him in the house just so he won't go outside and I know that I can't do that for the rest of my life," said Graham. "I'm a no-tolerant mother. Everybody that knows me, know I don't play that."

 

Graham told CBS News she thinks the situation wouldn't have been as bad if there were more mothers out there monitoring their sons. But she acknowledged there are some circumstances that can prevent moms from from doing that."

 

And from the Baltimore police chief: "I wish I had more parents who took charge of their kids tonight,"

Did you read what I said? I said EVERYONE take responsibility no matter if you are black or white.

Crucify me because I said 2 centuries when it was only 1 1/2 ...shoot me.

 

You our want to address police brutality then address it. Police brutality does t always have to equate to racism. That was my other point. I pointed out the majority of the police force and the leaders were all black. Keep it about police brutality or how about that and holding the criminals partly responsive for

what happened too? Wow what a concept.

 

Do some research Hellbird. Look at how many black mayors there have been in Baltimore's history. Another weak excuse coming from you.

Really?????? Because that sure isn't what she said in every songle

interview she gave. Or is it just another lie created to support a racist argument? Yep, I buy the latter.

 

How sad that people make up such sick lies simply so they can support their agenda.

 

Keep fanning the racist flames. Makes me sick. You all

will never hold

anyone accountable for their actions as long as you can always toss out the convenient race card.

 

"Graham, a single mom with six children, denounced the vandalism and violence against police officers. She said rioting in Baltimore is no way to go about getting justice for Freddie Gray and that she doesn't want that life for her son.

 

"There's some days that I'll shield him in the house just so he won't go outside and I know that I can't do that for the rest of my life," said Graham. "I'm a no-tolerant mother. Everybody that knows me, know I don't play that."

 

Graham told CBS News she thinks the situation wouldn't have been as bad if there were more mothers out there monitoring their sons. But she acknowledged there are some circumstances that can prevent moms from from doing that."

 

And from the Baltimore police chief: "I wish I had more parents who took charge of their kids tonight,"

Do some research Hellbird. Look at how many black mayors there have been in Baltimore's history. Another weak excuse coming from you.

Again read my first post tonight. I said whether it be black on black or white on white crime or whatever.

 

This is incident is being made

out to be racist and it isn't. If you want to continue to bury your head then I can't help you and you can continue to fan the racial flames.

 

Means as far as the mayor being black, ok please explain how that also makes it a racial issue. That was my point, people

need to be held accountable for their actions. Period.

 

Wth does how many black

mayors have to do with anything except they can't blame whites for their city govt.

Again read my first post tonight. I said whether it be black on black or white on white crime or whatever.

 

This is incident is being made

out to be racist and it isn't. If you want to continue to bury your head then I can't help you and you can continue to fan the racial flames.

 

Means as far as the mayor being black, ok please explain how that also makes it a racial issue. That was my point, people

need to be held accountable for their actions. Period.

 

Wth does how many black

mayors have to do with anything except they can't blame whites for their city govt.

 

It comes off as you saying look at this, their mayor is black, so racist discrimination is off the table. Thats why I said that, because it portrays the perception that Baltimore always had black leadership when that is hardly the case.

It comes off as you saying look at this, their mayor is black, so racist discrimination is off the table. Thats why I said that, because it portrays the perception that Baltimore always had black leadership when that is hardly the case.

I will never say racial issues don't exist in this country. I just don't feel they are the reason this incident occurred. Police brutality could be the problem maybe but everything doesn't have to be a race issue. I will always say people need

to be held accountable

for their actions.

I will never say racial issues don't exist in this country. I just don't feel they are the reason this incident occurred. Police brutality could be the problem maybe but everything doesn't have to be a race issue. I will always say people need

to be held accountable

for their actions.

 

I agree hellbird. However, I try to put myself in others shoes. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to grow up in that city or be black in that city. I think police brutality plays a significant part of this problem. I couldn't imagine myself rioting. However, I can see how hallow it rings for the people of Baltimore to be told to calm down by a police department that has history of brutality and has racked up quite a bill of paying off court suits because of that brutality.

Ah yes. White people love the black mom beating her kid in the street. Ever consider it wasn't because he was looting, but more because he was giving white cops a reason to shoot him and she would prefer him alive???

 

Look guys the privileged white liberal telling the rest of white people how to think.

Look guys the privileged white liberal telling the rest of white people how to think.

 

Far from privileged and not a liberal. Strikes one and two. Keep trying slugger... :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.