Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

It comes off as you saying look at this, their mayor is black, so racist discrimination is off the table. Thats why I said that, because it portrays the perception that Baltimore always had black leadership when that is hardly the case.

 

Baltimore has been ran by Democrats for 40 plus years you know the only party that cares about them. They have a black mayor , majority black police force , majority black city council . This is a socioeconomic issue and not a race. Until we focus on the real issues and quit blaming skin it goes no where.

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Far from privileged and not a liberal. Strikes one and two. Keep trying slugger... :lol2:

 

Stop.....We all get it you chime in because somehow you know more than everyone on every topic . Somehow running a UC website and living in KY and WVA most your life gives you some great worldly outlook the rest of us commoners can't fathom.

 

When you do post in threads outside of sports your leanings are obvious just own it and compared to the neighborhoods we are talking about Erlanger = privliged. I'm just using the great definition by our elite liberal Sociology professors on White privilege.

Lipton, I'll fill you in since you seem so convinced you know me. Grew up in a single parent household and didn't have much of a relationship with my mom until she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in my mid 20s. Dad worked 50 and 60 hours a week in a factory job to provide for us while we bounced around from apartment to apartment until he saved enough to buy his first house when I was a sophomore in high school. Grew up on Garvey in Elsmere for the most part, which is clearly a high end gated community.

 

Fortunately my extended lower middle class family was great, and while things were never easy I had food on the table and a roof over my head. Thanks for your concern. Moving on...

Baltimore has been ran by Democrats for 40 plus years you know the only party that cares about them. They have a black mayor , majority black police force , majority black city council . This is a socioeconomic issue and not a race. Until we focus on the real issues and quit blaming skin it goes no where.

 

Once, again look at their history of mayors. Only recently have they been black. Also I could point that the majority of the south are red states and are also amongst the poorest and least educated in the country. Also please show where they have a majority black police force. I would love to see that article. Also skin is part of it especially with redlining.

 

Also, lipton bash I hope you turned off your alert system showing that you received a reply. I still remember the sound on my phone from your reply waking me up in 1:30 in the morning. I remember...

Once, again look at their history of mayors. Only recently have they been black. Also I could point that the majority of the south are red states and are also amongst the poorest and least educated in the country. Also please show where they have a majority black police force. I would love to see that article. Also skin is part of it especially with redlining.

 

Also, lipton bash I hope you turned off your alert system showing that you received a reply. I still remember the sound on my phone from your reply waking me up in 1:30 in the morning. I remember...

 

It's been said on both CNN and MSNBC ad nauseum . They have a majority black police force.

Lipton, I'll fill you in since you seem so convinced you know me. Grew up in a single parent household and didn't have much of a relationship with my mom until she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in my mid 20s. Dad worked 50 and 60 hours a week in a factory job to provide for us while we bounced around from apartment to apartment until he saved enough to buy his first house when I was a sophomore in high school. Grew up on Garvey in Elsmere for the most part, which is clearly a high end gated community.

 

Fortunately my extended lower middle class family was great, and while things were never easy I had food on the table and a roof over my head. Thanks for your concern. Moving on...

 

Like I said I was using the white privilege definition being hinted at in this thread . By definition if you are white and grew up in the suburbs you are privileged by being born. It was making a statement on the silliness of this academia idea and you proved my point by your answer. Thanks !

It's been said on both CNN and MSNBC ad nauseum . They have a majority black police force.

 

Where are the sources they are getting it from? I just looked it up and at most they said half. Other sources said 43 percent.

Like I said I was using the white privilege definition being hinted at in this thread . By definition if you are white and grew up in the suburbs you are privileged by being born. It was making a statement on the silliness of this academia idea and you proved my point by your answer. Thanks !

 

You grew up like poor black people? Or are you one those white guys that didn't have everything handed to them so you think where you are from doesn't factor in?

Where are the sources they are getting it from? I just looked it up and at most they said half. Other sources said 43 percent.

 

Blacks make up the largest portion of the force. Minorities in genreal are the overall majority. According to numbers posted online blacks make up 45-55% . Either way you can't use same excuse of Ferguson.

Like I said I was using the white privilege definition being hinted at in this thread . By definition if you are white and grew up in the suburbs you are privileged by being born. It was making a statement on the silliness of this academia idea and you proved my point by your answer. Thanks !

 

I was clearly privileged in the times I have dealt with the police with blacks also involved. I was brushed aside and sent on my way. They were cuffed, detained and put in the system even while innocent and doing nothing. See it enough and you gain a perspective on what they go through on a daily basis for nothing more than the color of their skin.

 

So, yes, when people speak on it I will continue to express what I have experienced first hand on the matter...

You grew up like poor black people? Or are you one those white guys that didn't have everything handed to them so you think where you are from doesn't factor in?

 

Where did I say I grew up like a poor or black white person? I was lower middle class in the city Covington. For most people in NKY who lived in the burbs I may of been considered poor then I don't k ow. Ignorance is bliss as a child . I don't complain about my life but I also don't think I was handed a thing. White privilege should be replaced with rich privilege and I agree. But most us white folk didn't grow up with much or much a chance of success either.

Blacks make up the largest portion of the force. Minorities in genreal are the overall majority. According to numbers posted online blacks make up 45-55% . Either way you can't use same excuse of Ferguson.

 

And what excuse is that? That it wasn't a white cop that did the accused crime? I certainly can. Especially with all white cops dragging him to the van.

I was clearly privileged in the times I have dealt with the police with blacks also involved. I was brushed aside and sent on my way. They were cuffed, detained and put in the system even while innocent and doing nothing. See it enough and you gain a perspective on what they go through on a daily basis for nothing more than the color of their skin.

 

So, yes, when people speak on it I will continue to express what I have experienced first hand on the matter...

 

Where I grew up I've seen it with both White and Black people the way you describe it . I don't deny some cops are racist as are some people of all races. I've been in the car with a group of teammates while the reason we were pulled over for a suspect reason.

 

The point is because I was white didn't guarantee my success or make my journey any easier. It may of been easier because my dad had a couple extra bucks for lunch that my buddy around the corner didn't have. But my skins color doesn't define me or what success I've managed to have.

Where did I say I grew up like a poor or black white person? I was lower middle class in the city Covington. For most people in NKY who lived in the burbs I may of been considered poor then I don't k ow. Ignorance is bliss as a child . I don't complain about my life but I also don't think I was handed a thing. White privilege should be replaced with rich privilege and I agree. But most us white folk didn't grow up with much or much a chance of success either.

 

I would rather be poor and white, than poor and black. I didn't grew up in the best of places either, but I have no problems assuming that I am better off than most black people in the inner city.

And what excuse is that? That it wasn't a white cop that did the accused crime? I certainly can. Especially with all white cops dragging him to the van.

 

The excuse that the leaders don't represent the skin color of the population . Almost everyone in a position of influence in this city is black. If they didn't make the changes people felt they needed that white leaders put in place in the past that is on those black leaders.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.