Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

Don't lose sleep over it. There are people who didn't know that using boy to an adult black man is racially insulting and don't get me started on the Cleveland anchor who used a word that apparently no one knew was a racially offensive word either. It'll be all right. I never knew low rent was a degrading term either. Oh well.......

 

Probably would have been more PC to call him "foolish", talk about a "quill in his cap of screwups", "have his temper tantrums, make bad decisions", "had a child like attitude"? Call a Senator a "tool"? Maybe some "hug a thug" policy?

 

How about if I just completely butchered an understanding of the separation of powers in an argument and got haughty when multiple people rightly corrected me?

 

Nah... it's acceptable to do that, but how dare you do the same when someone else doesn't agree with it. I'm cool. Didn't know the history of 'low rent', shoulda just called the guy a clown. My apologies.

 

Oh wait, I'm an elitist for saying the guys from Harvard are smarter than him. I don't have to apologize. That's what us elitists do.

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The hardest part about the situation is the only way out is to provide better quality jobs for people in these neighborhoods. But what business leader is going to build in these areas with them burning down.

 

I saw one Baltimore resident on CNN talking about the riots there in 68 and how the area was flourishing with business. But after they all burnt down they never came back. Fast forward to 2015 with even fewer jobs available in these neighborhoods than 1968 , even more businesses burn.

 

I've stated over and over this is a socioeconomic problem. It starts at home then at school and then having jobs there for people to work. The problem is there is a problem with all threw and no one has an answer on how to fix any.

I am willing to bet the majority of the people in that neighborhood where over 50% are unemployed don't want to work. They are happy collecting all the govt assistance they can. So providing more quality jobs isnt the answer when the majority would rather sit at home and collect welfare.

 

Just listen to the stories of mothers telling there kids they don't have to go to school because the schools stopped their sports programs because of lack of participation and funds. That doesn't sound like a population wanting to better themselves.

Nope. I think you missed the train of thought when this post was made. I was answering why nothing like these riots happen when a black dude kills a white man. Nothing justifies the acts of violence we are witnessing.

Just so I'm clear.

 

white people don't riot when a black man kills a white man because the black man never gets away with it?

 

why dont blacks riot when blacks kill blacks and get away with it?

It is after 10:00 the media, protestors, looters need to get the hell off of the street since it has been ordered! If not bad things will happen. Listen to the law!

It is after 10:00 the media, protestors, looters need to get the hell off of the street since it has been ordered! If not bad things will happen. Listen to the law!

 

I agree, use the sound cannons to start, then go from there.

 

The media has been told that they can stay.

Just wanted to add, I really didn't know that 'low rent' was an older term with some pejorative connotations. That was not my intent at all. I was just trying to make the point that this was probably a country club, gated community that wasn't exactly known for violence, but a guy who probably didn't live there came in guns blazing and you have what you had.

 

Not an indictment of all officers either. I just think that given the whole ordeal, it would have been easy for the guy to realize he made a mistake and walk away with hurt pride instead of making it the storm it turned into.

 

I'd imagine that other people at the university or in the Cambridge community, many of them accomplished minorities themselves, probably weren't encouraged by the incident. When you work in an area with a wealthy tax base that funds you to protect their exclusive neighborhood, it probably isn't a good idea to ruffle the feathers of too many constituents.

 

Like it or not, it's a fact of life that those types of people can fund a new department quicker than the officer could replenish the tax base if it were to begin eroding.

 

Doesn't mean it isn't right or that it isn't petty, but I'm guessing that it's fairly well understood that it comes with the territory when you sign up to cash their township's checks, and that if they really had that much of a problem with it, they could probably part ways amicably and the people who live there could do what they could to find someone who didn't mind.

 

Heck with it...

 

You don't know where the community is. If you know it's in a gated community, fine...but you don't seem to know. So it seems you are just making things up to help support your argument. Regardless of where it is...the Police Officer RECEIVED A COMPLAINT, that someone might be breaking in. What would you have him do? Ignore the call? If I were the homeowner, that would upset me more than him showing up and making sure I live there.

 

How did he make a mistake? Simple answer...he did not.

Don't lose sleep over it. There are people who didn't know that using boy to an adult black man is racially insulting and don't get me started on the Cleveland anchor who used a word that apparently no one knew was a racially offensive word either. It'll be all right. I never knew low rent was a degrading term either. Oh well.......

 

Because calling someone low rent sounds positive let's be real.

 

Because calling someone low rent sounds positive let's be real.

 

It's ok to call someone low rent because other people have called other people bad things...I think that's the logic I'm reading here.

Probably would have been more PC to call him "foolish", talk about a "quill in his cap of screwups", "have his temper tantrums, make bad decisions", "had a child like attitude"? Call a Senator a "tool"? Maybe some "hug a thug" policy?

 

How about if I just completely butchered an understanding of the separation of powers in an argument and got haughty when multiple people rightly corrected me?

 

Nah... it's acceptable to do that, but how dare you do the same when someone else doesn't agree with it. I'm cool. Didn't know the history of 'low rent', shoulda just called the guy a clown. My apologies.

 

Oh wait, I'm an elitist for saying the guys from Harvard are smarter than him. I don't have to apologize. That's what us elitists do.

 

One could easily make the argument that getting into an ivy league has more to do with social status than it does with being more intelligent in a lot of cases.

 

So it goes back to low rent referring to someone's class in society as we discussed privately.

 

But I'm done talking about this silly topic I'm not upset . Like I said in my original post I just didn't think you understood the meaning and you didn't no big deal to me. I'm not part of intenet mafia calling for people's heads.

Heck with it...

 

You don't know where the community is. If you know it's in a gated community, fine...but you don't seem to know. So it seems you are just making things up to help support your argument. Regardless of where it is...the Police Officer RECEIVED A COMPLAINT, that someone might be breaking in. What would you have him do? Ignore the call? If I were the homeowner, that would upset me more than him showing up and making sure I live there.

 

How did he make a mistake? Simple answer...he did not.

 

No offense, but I think it's more than fair to say that the neighborhood he lived in was an affluent part of Cambridge, which is an affluent town in and of itself.

 

Most are probably in agreement that a mistake was made to arrest a guy in his own house, especially when he and a colleague show ID. Sorry, but what lawful basis do you have to arrest someone in their own home?

 

Please... This shouldn't even be an argument. Gates made over $200K in base salary alone... in 1993. No bonuses, anything like that. He's one of the top professors at Harvard. He was previously named one of Time's 25 Most Influential Americans. I think he can afford to live in a gated community if he wants to.

 

By all means though, let's all say the cop was the voice of good reason though. It's really a pathetic stretch to act like he was in the right, but by all means, carry on. How dare anyone even question his judgement versus the word of two Harvard professors who are showing him ID, right?

 

Contrary to popular belief, making a police officer mad isn't an arrestable offense. I dunno... maybe he could have checked their ID's and moved on because one of them lived there? I mean, I'd think that's how things work, but who knows?

 

Dude wants to get the fat salary to roll around a nice neighborhood and do nothing, but can't handle the people who fund that daring to look at him wrong when he's basically harassing them? Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

 

Don't want to be around entitled people? Don't take their fat salary to patrol a gated community full of rich people. Pretty simple. I'm sure the dude and all the wisdom everyone is importing on him is doing so much better off than Gates now though, so I'm sure he's fine.

Just so I'm clear.

 

white people don't riot when a black man kills a white man because the black man never gets away with it?

 

why dont blacks riot when blacks kill blacks and get away with it?

 

Nope. Let a bunch of black dudes kill some white dudes and get away with it. It'll be open season on negroes. We saw what happened when OJ got away with it. They made sure OJ didn't get away with a crime ever again.

 

Blacks dont get away with killing blacks. They either go to jail for it or they end up being killed themselves. It's the cycle. Thought you knew.

Because calling someone low rent sounds positive let's be real.

 

I never said it was positive. Folks are equating calling someone low rent with calling someone the N word. I never knew low rent was so degrading until today. That's what I said. Not sure how you got positivity from that.

It's ok to call someone low rent because other people have called other people bad things...I think that's the logic I'm reading here.

 

Nope. I said it is okay to not know that calling someone low rent is such a degrading term. Geez, how are y'all missing that part of the logic?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.