Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pirates @Reds series (4/6-4/9/15)

Featured Replies

Price sits in the dugout and watches Pirates hit rockets off Gregg and then let's our fourth or fifth best pitcher face their best hitter with Diaz warm in the bullpen. That is why Cueto will not re-sign and the Reds will not win 80 games. Terrible!

 

 

Yeah. It's probably that and not the extra 50 million dollars he'll get on the open market. Astute observation. Mid-season form... :thumb:

  • Replies 166
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds always have one quad A or washed up reliever, nothing new.

I'm gonna need Cueto to slow it down. If it wasn't for the rain delay, us beer vendors would have been out of there way to early haha!

 

Great to see Frazier and Bruce get the first HR out of the way early.

I don't worry about the Cubs. The Cubs are the Cubs. -Pete Rose while being interviewed by Jim Day just now

 

That's so true.

I never follow spring training results.

 

Did LeCure stink up AZ?

I don't see how Gregg is the best option to hold he lead in the 8th.

I never follow spring training results.

 

Did LeCure stink up AZ?

Not really. Just average. 3.24 ERA. Gregg was 6.24.

It's frustrating that Gregg was even pitching in the 8th inning. I feel for Cueto, who had another win taken away. He's a stud.

Lots of good things today.

 

Hamilton was on base a couple times. Votto looked healthy and drove the ball. Frazier had a nice defensive game & a clutch HR. Bruce looked healthy & hit a BOMB off of a lefty. Byrd had a nice catch in left. Cueto was outstanding. Chapman made quick work of the Buccos in the 9th with straight heat.

It's frustrating that Gregg was even pitching in the 8th inning. I feel for Cueto, who had another win taken away. He's a stud.

 

Would have been a perfect opportunity to have Chapman go two innings with off day tomorrow.

Would have been a perfect opportunity to have Chapman go two innings with off day tomorrow.
I thought the same.

 

I'm ok not using Chapman for two in Opening Day, but you cannot leave Gregg in. pirates were lining him up all inning.

I never follow spring training results.

 

Did LeCure stink up AZ?

 

In the paper, I believe Price said loss of velocity and even worse an inability to locate his fastball. He said it was by far the toughest decision of the spring but felt LeCure needs innings at AAA to see if he can get it back. Decision was based not only on the spring but on the same issues being there the second half last season.

Only one out. That is not an automatic run on 3-2 count situation so I wouldn't say horrible and I definitely wouldn't blast Hamilton.

 

I agree with the 2nd part. That has to be all on Price. That is a clear GO situation with Votto at the plate. Unless Price gave him the steal and he slipped / got terrible jump / missed the sign, Price screwed up.

 

Also, how is Diaz not the setup guy for the 8th? All he did last year was prove he was capable in that role.

 

Gregg -- yeeesh. He better get it straightened out quickly.

I never follow spring training results.

 

Did LeCure stink up AZ?

 

He's been a fan favorite. However he just was not effective last season. He's never had overpowering stuff and his loss of velocity coupled with less than pinpoint control lead to a .333 batting average allowed to RHs last season. He did nothing in the spring to suggest that he would be better this season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.