Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pirates @Reds series (4/6-4/9/15)

Featured Replies

Saw that the Reds set a record for attendance at a regular season game today.

  • Replies 166
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Votto had the biggest AB of the game easily. Worked an 0-2 to a 3-2 single. That's what he is paid to do in those situations

 

But, but, but...He needs to swing the bat more.

But, but, but...He needs to swing the bat more.

 

He did swing the bat.

Cueto picks up right were he left off being a stud. Glad I kept him. Price said Gregg is a setup man on this team... Yikes.

 

Frazier crushed that ball. Hitters hit.

He's been a fan favorite. However he just was not effective last season. He's never had overpowering stuff and his loss of velocity coupled with less than pinpoint control lead to a .333 batting average allowed to RHs last season. He did nothing in the spring to suggest that he would be better this season.

 

Agreed. I like Lecure, and he seems to be a good presence in the clubhouse, but fans seem to be forgetting how much he struggled last year.

He's been a fan favorite. However he just was not effective last season. He's never had overpowering stuff and his loss of velocity coupled with less than pinpoint control lead to a .333 batting average allowed to RHs last season. He did nothing in the spring to suggest that he would be better this season.

He was better than Gregg. I don't think either should be in the 8th really. What did you move Cingrani to the bullpen for? Use him.

I know why they don't play the day following Opening Day, beer vendors need the day off.

 

Starting out with 55-60 beers in my tub each time I left the commissary has me hurting today.

I know why they don't play the day following Opening Day, beer vendors need the day off.

 

Starting out with 55-60 beers in my tub each time I left the commissary has me hurting today.

 

How many games do you do during the season?

 

Also, you there tomorrow night?

How many games do you do during the season?

 

Also, you there tomorrow night?

 

Last year I worked 79 games of the possible 80.

 

The one I missed, they weren't going to let us in the doors until 8:40 (and we'd have to leave by 9:40) due to rain. So I left at 7:00 and didn't wait around.

 

We missed one game because of rain last year to total 81 home games.

 

This year I will work probably 70-75. Missing a few because of work conferences/weddings.

 

Yes I will be there tomorrow, just not sure where. Hoping for no rain.

Last year I worked 79 games of the possible 80. The one I missed' date=' they weren't going to let us in the doors until 8:40 (and we'd have to leave by 9:40) due to rain. So I left at 7:00 and didn't wait around. We missed one game because of rain last year to total 81 home games. This year I will work probably 70-75. Missing a few because of work conferences/weddings. Yes I will be there tomorrow, just not sure where. Hoping for no rain.[/quote']

 

Is it a high demand job? Spots always open or several people fighting for games? Did you say you have to pay to park?

He was better than Gregg. I don't think either should be in the 8th really. What did you move Cingrani to the bullpen for? Use him.

 

I could imagine the smoke coming out of Cueto's ears when Gregg blew his lead and his W. If Gregg is the best set up man you have, going to have to get 8 from Cueto every outing and warm up the big lefty for the 9th.

Is it a high demand job? Spots always open or several people fighting for games? Did you say you have to pay to park?

 

They are always looking to hire more vendors, but typically in the offseason. Your rookie year, there are some limitations on when you can work (e.g. You are only allowed and must work Opening Day and then just weekends on April & May). But after those, you can work as many as you'd like, no fighting for spots.

 

You are on your own for parking. Pay to park by the stadium or find somewhere free. Many walk from Newport, myself included.

  • Author

I'll be there Saturday. What section are you working Saturday?

Yeah what section I have a bunch of OSU people going tomorrow?

I'll be there Saturday. What section are you working Saturday?

 

Yeah what section I have a bunch of OSU people going tomorrow?

 

Unfortunately I don't know until I enter the ballpark. Sometimes I can guess where they'll place me, or sometimes I can choose if I sold more peanuts, soda, or water than anyone the previous game. Can't guess the rotation yet since we've only worked one so far.

 

Maybe I should get an extra button that says, "BGP name is MJ" haha!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.