Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avery Johnson to Alabama

Featured Replies

Gary Parrish is reporting that Ex-NBA coach Avery Johnson has agreed in principal to become the next head coach at Alabama

I don't like this hire but good luck to Alabama

Love this hire, he will do better quicker than Barnes at Tenn. and Smart at Texas

I don't like this hire but good luck to Alabama

 

You don't like because of the lack of college coaching experience? That is the only reason I can see why someone would not like this hire.

 

A former successful NBA coach can carry a lot of weight in the recruiting wars. If you have as much success as he had in the NBA, he knows how to coach. Looks like a good hire to me.

The talent in Alabama is deceiving. I am very curious to see how he does here.

I love the hire. He is a guy that should be able to recruit and have some clout with current players. He has ties to Texas. I think this is a great hire.

I cannot stand to listen to him talk. Glad he's off television.

Doesn't he have some AAU connections?

 

I don't know if it's him per se, but he definitely knows some people who do.

 

His son, Mickey Mitchell (one time UK recruit), Tyler Davis (#1 player in Texas, playing in Jordan Brand Classic), DJ Hogg (#2 player in Texas, A&M commit with Davis), and Soso Jamambo (#28 overall football player in 2015) all transferred in to Plano West. Only two of them went to the same high school. All played for the Texas Titans AAU program at some point. Definitely makes you think that someone was pulling some strings to get them all there.

 

Johnson Jr. was a year older than each of them and was at A&M this past year. Davis and Hogg going there this year gives me the impression that there's a bit of a pipeline (being built if nothing else).

Not sure that this is a good fit for Johnson or Bama. I see him as more of an NBA guy. To be great in college, you have to work real hard recruiting- something NBA coaches don't do. It's a FT gig in college and there are a lot of rules to be followed. Plus, you have to live in the shadow of football and only be relevant when UK is in town.

NBA experience both playing and coaching will go a long way when it comes to recruiting.

 

I like this hire.

I don't see this ending well for Alabama.

 

How so?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.