Pep Bands

Can't stand pep bands at games in a high school gym. Would like to discuss the game during time outs and halftime but you can't because the band is to loud and they never stop.

What is there to discuss? Live in the moment, enjoy the atmosphere and all the various talents of the kids.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamstown's pep band will run the opponents and their fans out of the gym. They're the best around IMO.

And, I'd rather hear a band play than listen to pre-recorded music through the sound system.

Edited by scon36

I can't think of a bigger turn-off than a DJ at a HS (or college) game.... A good pep band will succeed in getting the excitement going.

I truly hate the fact that the day seems to have passed when pep bands used to play at nearly every home basketball game. I go to a lot of gyms where no band plays during the season.

Not that I necessarily mind music over the PA system, but I prefer a good pep band. Really adds to the whole high school atmosphere! ... Williamstown had a heck of a pep band last time I heard them.

They take their band very serious there in Bill Town. Easily the most entertaining thing you will see there all night.

I have seen the CCH/NDA at football games and a few b-ball games.

The CCH/NDA band is run with more of an attitude that "if anyone even thinks they might want to learn to play and instrument, then we'll let them give it a shot". I really admire that, but at the same time, it doesn't really make for the highest quality performances you'll ever see/hear.