Mason County 60 Campbell County 56 10th Region Semi-Finals

It was very entertaining watching these teams battle back and forth. The referees were poor in both semi-final games tonight missing several calls. However I do feel like the better team did win this game and I'm not just saying that because I am a Mason County fan/student. Clos did everything in her power to try and bring the Lady Camels out on top, but she just didn't get the help she needed on the offensive end and the 22 turnovers didn't help the cause either.

For the Lady Royals, a huge showing by Whittney O'Mara one of the better games I have seen her play and couldn't have occurred at a better time. The inside was controlled by the Lady Royals forwards. Now hopefully they can pull off one more and get to Bowling Green.

I said the first team to 50 wins and that was Mason County. Mason County's defense was too much for Campbell County, forcing 26 turnovers

Don't know where you all are getting these stats from but I have the official stats and Campbell Co had 18 Turnovers and Mason Co had 12. Fouls were Campbell Co 16, Mason Co 10. Rebounds were even at 17 each.

Edited by gold sunrise

Would have loved to have seen a game not dictated by poor oficials. Camels needed a little more in the paint defensively. Coach Menefee deserves great credit for bringing together a team/program that was at ground zero. Look forward to seeing what he does with this program in future years. Good luck to Mason the rest of the way.

How was this game dictated by officiating?

Don't know where you all are getting these stats from but I have the official stats and Campbell Co had 18 Turnovers and Mason Co had 12. Fouls were Campbell Co 16, Mason Co 10. Rebounds were even at 17 each.

Just going by what was posted in the thread earlier.

Camels were down 2 with the ball and a chance to tie things up with 45 seconds left in the game and an illegal screen was called. Right or wrong? No clue, but I saw many other illegal screens during the game (from both teams) that weren't called. I didn't like the call but if we didn't give up so many layups and played better defense throughout the game that call don't make a difference. Bottom line is we didn't play good enough defense to win this game. Congrats to Mason County on the win. Both teams could be battling for the next few years being so young. MC with sophomores and CC with freshman. Should be a fun rivalry to watch.

Camels were down 2 with the ball and a chance to tie things up with 45 seconds left in the game and an illegal screen was called. Right or wrong? No clue, but I saw many other illegal screens during the game (from both teams) that weren't called. I didn't like the call but if we didn't give up so many layups and played better defense throughout the game that call don't make a difference. Bottom line is we didn't play good enough defense to win this game. Congrats to Mason County on the win. Both teams could be battling for the next few years being so young. MC with sophomores and CC with freshman. Should be a fun rivalry to watch.

Agree 100% on all points. The 10th region teams has some young players that will make a impact for the next several years.

But the one time they do get the call correct you're going to argue against it because it was on CC? Refereeing is no "easy" job by any means. Yes they missed tons of calls last night but it went both ways. No need to argue one of the correct calls they made.

But the one time they do get the call correct you're going to argue against it because it was on CC? Refereeing is no "easy" job by any means. Yes they missed tons of calls last night but it went both ways. No need to argue one of the correct calls they made.

Who's arguing? Never once in my posts did I blame the refs. I said we didn't play defense good enough to win. We put ourselves in that position by lack of defense. Some look at that one call but I look at the whole game. Sure your going to say it was the right call as a MC fan. Refereeing an easy job? I never said that either, in fact I heard hundreds of refs in the stands on both sides of the court and I can promise you I wasn't one of them. I was encouraging our team to play thru their mistakes and any other mishap the game brought them. I gave MC credit for the win and even said they deserved it, so don't twist my words around and make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Edited by I4C