All 11th Region Regular Season Teams

Teams mentioned in Guard, Forward, Center format with each position sorted alphabetically.

Player of the Year: F - Matt Rose, Lexington Christian Academy

I know there are some very deserving players, and feel as thought it's only right that this one goes to the senior in Rose. I give him the edge over Williams of Dunbar, Tisdale of Henry Clay, and Johnson of Lexington Catholic based both on his career, how he projects at the next level, and what he's accomplished this year in leading LCA to new heights.

First Team:

G - Taveion Hollingsworth, Dunbar

G - Isaiah Tisdale, Henry Clay

G - CJ Walker, Bryan Station

F - Darius Williams, Dunbar

F - Tanner Johnson, Lexington Catholic

6th Man: Ross Jenkins, Lafayette ©

Second Team:

G - Isaiah Johnson, Scott County

F - Tequan Claitt, Bryan Station

F - Jordan Fucci, Tates Creek

F - Drew Trimble, Lexington Christian Academy

C - Sam Jones, Madison Central

6th Man - Michael Talbott, Lexington Catholic (PG)

Third Team:

G - Jarod Griffin, Lexington Catholic

G - Kirkland Humphrey, Madison Central

G - Hines Jones, Scott County

F - Ryan Schneider, Franklin County

F - Quinn Pergande, Sayre

6th Man - DeAndre Dishman ©, Bryan Station

Edited by JokersWild24

1st Team Honorable Mention:

Dontell Brown - Dunbar

Ronnie Carson - Bryan Station

Andre Davis - Bryan Station

TJ Downey - Lafayette

Desmond Duke - Tates Creek

Dontavion "Lucky" Jackson - Lafayette

Harrison Lane - Lafayette

Kyle Rode - Lexington Christian Academy

Cameron Thomas - Madison Central

Felix Wilson - Henry Clay

2nd Team Honorable Mention:

Jamel Banks - Scott County

Colby Barnes - Henry Clay

Dakahari Campbell - Henry Clay

Jajuante Carpenter - Lafayette

Tay Guyn - Scott County

Jaelin Jenkins - Lafayette

Jordan Houston - Henry Clay

Tre' King - Lexington Christian Academy

Keenon Laine - Woodford County

Jordan Lewis - Dunbar

Colton McCardy - Woodford County

Isaiah Patterson - Tates Creek

Reese Ryan - Lexington Catholic

Trey Sturdivant - Tates Creek

Keegan Stromberg - Woodford County

Clarien Washington - Scott County

3rd Team Honorable Mention:

Shyheim Alexander - Berea

Keaton Anderson - Western Hills

Walker Boothe - Lexington Catholic

Stacy Burns - Madison Southern

Alex Chen - Model

Jake Duby - Sayre

Tim Dunn - Bryan Station

Malik Frank - Frankfort

Dylan Jones - Western Hills

Tanner Kidwell - Madison Southern

Demarcus Kennedy - Franklin County

Terique Miller - Madison Central

Benton Neighbert - Lexington Christian Academy

Donovan Morris - Lexington Catholic

JJ Ogbogu - Lexington Catholic

Josh Owsley - Bryan Station

Ephraim Otieno - Model

Anthony Robinson - Frankfort

John Stein - Lexington Christian Academy

Deondre Tate - Berea

Jalen Washington - Frankfort

Criteria: Each of the first, second, and third team rosters of 6 had to have at least one guard, forward, and center. Each team in the 11th had at least two players named to one of the teams to give everyone recognition for their accomplishments this season. The 11th is a large region with a great disparity in the populations of some of the schools, but each of the teams have some kids who can play.

I think you were trying to include everyone rose should be 1st team as well imo it's a very deep region walker over Davis?

Rose is the Player of the Year. I thought it'd be redundant to put him on the first team as well considering.

Post #5 will probably explain a lot of the criteria that I used. I did try to include a lot of kids, but also tried to put a few "breaks" in there as well.

I think you were trying to include everyone rose should be 1st team as well imo it's a very deep region walker over Davis?

Personally, I think Walker is the guy that makes Bryan Station go. To me, he's a more valuable player to them right now, and I don't see a team in the city that he doesn't start for.

I know Davis gets more points and is probably a better basketball talent in the long term, but he's prone to some bad games and doesn't seem as consistent as you'd like.

Davis was, without a doubt, one of the two toughest omissions from the 3rd Team list.

Part of Davis' problem might have been that I have admittedly caught him on some nights where he's not had his best shooting performances.

Particularly, look at the last Lafayette & Scott County games where he was a combined 8/28. If you include the Dunbar game in that one, then in his last 3 big games, he's 11/38 from the field (however, I do realize he took 15 free throws and had 17 against Dunbar, so he did find a way to score there). Against Woodford Co. he was 2/12 from the field and 5 points. I don't think that any of those were reported to the KHSAA, and are games that would drop his averages.

He wasn't great in their first meeting with Lafayette either, as he was 1/10 for 2 points.

The thing about all of those that concerned me most: the majority of his "bad" games came against: Lafayette, Dunbar, Scott County, & Lafayette.

That leaves his best performances against prime teams in the 11th: early vs Henry Clay, late vs Henry Clay, and at home against Scott County right after they'd lost Jenkins. They didn't play Catholic, their game with LCA was snowed out, the first Dunbar game wasn't "Dunbar".

That's possibly not fair to him considering that he didn't get LCA and the first Dunbar game he had no control over, but when I'm looking at a lot of these performances, the ones I'm most interested are the ones where teams from the 11th go head to head. He's played well in both Henry Clay games, one Scott County game, and the Tates Creek game.

I also have concerns about his overall shot selection, as he sometimes looks to force things instead of just playing in the flow of the game and letting things come to him. I think that's a fair statement given some of his percentages against the better teams.

Walker's came on strong late in the year, and in their recent performances against the other city schools, hasn't failed to reach at least 13. He's doing that on fewer shots and while running the offense.

I think Davis is a better scorer and will be a better talent next year (or even has more basketball talent right now), but I thought that Walker edged him out because of his performance down the stretch and because he does a lot in terms of leading the team, on defense, all that.

I do agree that Davis has a solid case to be mentioned on one of the three teams, and can promise you that he was one of the two toughest omissions.

Next year Station will be Davis' team and no one else's and I think you'll really see him start to take off. If he improves his shot selection, he has such a high ceiling.

Had Davis had his normal game in more of their contests I'd had the chance to watch in-depth and/or if he'd had more buzz for his performance at the Traditional, then I might feel differently.

As it stands though, I do think you raise a fair point and that there's a legitimate debate to be had on the topic.

Wow very welll stated and valid points. I applaud you for your coverage of the region and can tell by your selections that you really like and care about the whole region. Don't you follow the summer stuff to ie dirt bowl, aau tournament stuff?

As much as I can. I began doing an AAU update on everyone last year. Tried to get as much info as I could about who was playing with what teams, who was in various events, etc. I think it went pretty well and plan on doing the same this year.

I think Williams is the best player in the region, but with him missing some time, I think Rose is a reasonable POY

I like your first team (though it's kinda odd that you don't put Rose on there), except I don't know anything about Walker.

Did you mean Sam Jones from Madison Central on your second team?

I think Williams is the best player in the region, but with him missing some time, I think Rose is a reasonable POY

I like your first team (though it's kinda odd that you don't put Rose on there), except I don't know anything about Walker.

Yessir. Good catch. Meant Sam Jones from Madison Central. Was working late and doing a huge update with quick turnaround on that one.

I think Williams is the best talent at the next level. Right now, Rose is the HS POY.

Walker is a kid who will be walking on to play football at UK next season as a WR/KR. Great athlete. All-city in football (as a lot of Station's kids, including he, Claitt, and Davis played football as well... Claitt is also a WR and Davis the QB). Watching him, some nights he just looks like he can get to the goal at will. He runs point for them a great deal is pretty steady, whereas Davis is more feast or famine.

Here's a HUDL clip of some of Walker's highlights from this season.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1872192/highlights/236034378/v2

Was a bit surprised I didn't get more resistance on the inclusion of Dishman in the third team (which, if you remember, I said I included at least 1 G, F, and C on each team).

Some things that helped me decided on that, which I thought were worth mentioning:

#1. See the clip below, not because it's the #1 reason for me including him, but because it's just a crazy video that shows one of the dunks of the year in Kentucky.

#2. I saw Dishman against PRP last year and thought he could do some things. If you remember my reports from last year (or if you don't believe me and want to look them up to see for yourself), then you'll remember me talking about his potential and how I thought he could be an important piece. Since then, I got nothing but positive reviews on his leadership and work ethic during the summer (while Walker, Claitt, and Davis were all playing football as well) and his improvement since.

This season, and based on the stats from the 18 games reported to the KHSAA, Dishman is averaging over 10 per game on 56% from the field, and also grabs 6.6 boards per. Those are impressive totals considering that he plays with Claitt, who is the team's primary interior option and grabs quite a few boards himself, as well as that the offense runs more through Walker, Davis, and now Carson. I'm big on how kids perform against the other city schools (and LCA, Lex Cath, and Scott Co.) above all. In the games not reported to the KHSAA, Dishman had: 6 & 8 while battling foul trouble against Lafayette, 10 & 7 vs. Dunbar, 9 & 8 vs. Scott Co. in Round 1 and 12 & 5 in Round 2, and 7 & 9 vs. Henry Clay.