Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County Job

Featured Replies

Their window isn't until May.

 

 

May 4-22 I believe is what I read per the KHSAA.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woudl say the weather has played a part in the process being delayed. Woodford County also is hosting the district tournament this year so I would say that also has slowed the process down.

 

Any Panther coaches apply??:sssh:

Any Panther coaches apply??:sssh:

 

I don't know. I retired from coaching and haven't spoken to the remaining staff.

  • Author

Any news?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Interviews aren't until the week of the 9th, after the region basketball tourney.

Interviews aren't until the week of the 9th, after the region basketball tourney.

 

Probably matter of time before we begin to hear rumors about candidates then.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

Interviews aren't until the week of the 9th, after the region basketball tourney.

 

Because of weather and the sad death of their swimmer, making the region in basketball is likely very good for Woodford County. The school has had all kinds of distractions but now gets a few extra days to focus on the football hiring process without spring football breathing down their neck.

I don't know. I retired from coaching and haven't spoken to the remaining staff.

 

I didn't know that. You put in a ton of heart n sweat into it for many years. Congrats!

Because of weather and the sad death of their swimmer, making the region in basketball is likely very good for Woodford County. The school has had all kinds of distractions but now gets a few extra days to focus on the football hiring process without spring football breathing down their neck.

 

I agree.

Interviews aren't until the week of the 9th, after the region basketball tourney.

I've heard they have already started doing some this week. They may start the final interviews after they have cut the list down starting the week of March 9th.

I've heard they have already started doing some this week. They may start the final interviews after they have cut the list down starting the week of March 9th.

 

Who did they interview?

Strange how quiet everything is with this one.

Strange how quiet everything is with this one.

 

It is and isn't. Fits the theme of this off season.

 

Owensboro, wasn't much & what talk was going on, the guy who got it I don't remember being brought up.

 

Madisonville, it's as quiet as can be.

 

Mercer, same thing going on.

 

Marion, nobody really knew outside of Crume.

 

The list goes on. Chatter, but nothing of any real substance like some jobs in past years where you knew for sure who has applied/and legitimately in the running. Shocking nonetheless, but par for the course this year. I kind of like it (boring, I know).

It is and isn't. Fits the theme of this off season.

 

Owensboro, wasn't much & what talk was going on, the guy who got it I don't remember being brought up.

 

Madisonville, it's as quiet as can be.

 

Mercer, same thing going on.

 

Marion, nobody really knew outside of Crume.

 

The list goes on. Chatter, but nothing of any real substance like some jobs in past years where you knew for sure who has applied/and legitimately in the running. Shocking nonetheless, but par for the course this year. I kind of like it (boring, I know).

 

I am sure that the AD being a basketball coach has slowed down the process some along with other things that have been mentioned in this thread but yes you are right very little speculation on any of the jobs so far.

I am sure that the AD being a basketball coach has slowed down the process some along with other things that have been mentioned in this thread but yes you are right very little speculation on any of the jobs so far.

 

No doubt. I'd say that might be the case for many of them right now. I know it's easy to bring up, and roll our eyes at the basketball thing, but the district and region tourneys are busy times for the admins; especially if a school that's open is hosting (which, I'm not sure if any of these open now are hosting). But, having if your girls/boys teams are both involved...I get it. Only so many hours in a day. I'd rather these schools take their time and FOCUS on making the right hire, than to run all of their interviews through on a Wednesday night in b/t tourneys & just go with somebody for the sake of a timeline.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.