Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County Job

Featured Replies

It is and isn't. Fits the theme of this off season.

 

Owensboro, wasn't much & what talk was going on, the guy who got it I don't remember being brought up.

 

Madisonville, it's as quiet as can be.

 

Mercer, same thing going on.

 

Marion, nobody really knew outside of Crume.

 

The list goes on. Chatter, but nothing of any real substance like some jobs in past years where you knew for sure who has applied/and legitimately in the running. Shocking nonetheless, but par for the course this year. I kind of like it (boring, I know).

 

I just hope that someone in the schools above is able to have an off season weight program. If you only started in Jan then you have had about 8 weeks to be in the weight room. If those days are missed then the kids are behind and will not be able to catch up this year. Just hope the kids in all the schools that are taking their time hiring will have a change to be successful in the fall.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Especially if you are like Woodford and have a late window for Spring Practice. Waiting longer also gives a clearer picture of what teaching positions will be available for the new hire and any potential assisatnts which is obviously a good thing.

I just hope that someone in the schools above is able to have an off season weight program. If you only started in Jan then you have had about 8 weeks to be in the weight room. If those days are missed then the kids are behind and will not be able to catch up this year. Just hope the kids in all the schools that are taking their time hiring will have a change to be successful in the fall.

 

For sure. I'd say the weight rooms are being taken care of at most, at least that's what I hope is going on.

All of those schools need to get the best head coach regardless of what he teaches. Education is important BUT you wouldn't hire a math teacher to teach chemistry because they knew a little chemistry! Get the best head coach and then find him something to do in your school system. If you don't you are only cheating the kids. Because you are going to say "well this is the best coach for the job BUT he cant teach math so we are going with the 4th choice because he can"! My thing is "if it is important enough to have then be the best at it"!!!

Hearing from a few players that Dennis Johnson (ex UK player and current Lafayette assistant coach), and either Madison Southern or Central's coach are the front runners.

  • Author

Isn't Madison Centrals coach just completing his first year there? That seems to be an odd move

Isn't Madison Centrals coach just completing his first year there? That seems to be an odd move

 

Probably Southern. Head coach has won a lot of games with Damien Harris and overall had done a good job there.

All of those schools need to get the best head coach regardless of what he teaches. Education is important BUT you wouldn't hire a math teacher to teach chemistry because they knew a little chemistry! Get the best head coach and then find him something to do in your school system. If you don't you are only cheating the kids. Because you are going to say "well this is the best coach for the job BUT he cant teach math so we are going with the 4th choice because he can"! My thing is "if it is important enough to have then be the best at it"!!!

The flip side of this is if they put an unqualified coach in the classroom every student that walks in that room will get cheated, every single day. I love football, played in high school and college and I'd much rather have my sons have a great math teacher than football coach. I hope Woodford is able to find a suitable role model for this position as it is the most important role a coach plays in the lives of their athletes.

Just like with Mercer job I know that Johnson was an unreal player but the fact that someone can not coach at the high school level and end up getting a high school head coaching job is baffling to me. That being said maybe I do know his full career of experience. Has he ever coached anything but middle school football?

I would hope they are referring to former Central coach Bert Browne and not the one who is currently in year 1.

Should say do not know his full career sorry

I would hope they are referring to former Central coach Bert Browne and not the one who is currently in year 1.

That would be an interesting hire for sure. Where is he at currently? He fielded a couple decent teams at Perry Central which is tough to do.

The flip side of this is if they put an unqualified coach in the classroom every student that walks in that room will get cheated, every single day. I love football, played in high school and college and I'd much rather have my sons have a great math teacher than football coach. I hope Woodford is able to find a suitable role model for this position as it is the most important role a coach plays in the lives of their athletes.

I'm going to chime in for Golden Eagle. Maybe i'm wrong but here goes.

#1 its a fallacy to think that a great football coach is going to be a bad teacher.

#2 if they are serious about football but the coach doesn't match the open subject then hire someone for the subject or move someone qualified to the subject and have the coach do: ISS, credit recovery, drivers ed, or put him in charge of discipline.

The flip side of this is if they put an unqualified coach in the classroom every student that walks in that room will get cheated, every single day. I love football, played in high school and college and I'd much rather have my sons have a great math teacher than football coach. I hope Woodford is able to find a suitable role model for this position as it is the most important role a coach plays in the lives of their athletes.

 

Put in where he is qualified!!!! Make a position for the head football coach. Pretty important position, football pays for the other sports and if you don't want to have the best program around then drop it.

The flip side of this is if they put an unqualified coach in the classroom every student that walks in that room will get cheated, every single day. I love football, played in high school and college and I'd much rather have my sons have a great math teacher than football coach. I hope Woodford is able to find a suitable role model for this position as it is the most important role a coach plays in the lives of their athletes.

 

I will say this also, I learned more from playing high school football about life than I ever did in any classroom! Now I didn't play college ball but I was a decent high school player and the lessons I learned from my high school coach I use everyday! I do not use biology, geometry, etc.... any of that stuff like I do the things I learned playing ball for my high school coach. And before anyone goes saying some crap I have a business degree and if I want to go watch the cats play in Texas I can. That is not to brag but to just let people understand that had it not been for my high school football coach I can say with 100% assurance I would not be the man I am today!!! Thank God they created a position for him at my school when they hired him. I am sure some of you are probable saying that I missed out in English class because I will admit I am not much of a writer. I truly believe when you hire a head football coach they really need to create a position for him if they have to because what he does for kids, school, community and county are far more than teaching in a classroom.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.