Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 69 Georgia 58

Featured Replies

Big O > every Wildcat ever... :D

 

That has a 50 year expiration date. You have to come up with something else.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

They blocked 5 shots combined in the past 3 games. Of late they have struggled on the glass and since the South Carolina game have not blocked many shots.

 

I'm simply calling it as I see it. I don't expect anyone to play great every game, but I'm going to point out what I'm watching when I post about the games I've watched. Right now UK isn't playing at their highest level as a group on the interior. I expect more from a team with an absurd amount of talent down low. Put the Blue Blocker spin on it however you feel fit. My evaluation is rock solid...

 

I don't doubt your evaluation, I wasn't speaking of you particularly. My only point was that the sky isn't falling every time they don't win by 20+. There is something to nit pick every game, whether its a close game or a blowout, no team is ever gonna play a perfect game. It just gets old after a while I suppose. I could nit pick every game I watch from every team if I wanted to, but that would just become redundant, so I don't see the point.

I don't doubt your evaluation, I wasn't speaking of you particularly. My only point was that the sky isn't falling every time they don't win by 20+. There is something to nit pick every game, whether its a close game or a blowout, no team is ever gonna play a perfect game. It just gets old after a while I suppose. I could nit pick every game I watch from every team if I wanted to, but that would just become redundant, so I don't see the point.

 

What I said isn't nitpicking a single game. As a group they aren't playing up to expectations inside over a multiple game stretch. The production isn't matching the talent level and I simply pointed it out. While I think they will get back on track, it is a concern at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less...

That has a 50 year expiration date. You have to come up with something else.

 

There is no expiration date when UK treated The Big O like royalty tonight... :D

What I said isn't nitpicking a single game. As a group they aren't playing up to expectations inside over a multiple game stretch. The production isn't matching the talent level and I simply pointed it out. While I think they will get back on track, it is a concern at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less...

 

Agree and Coach Cal has said many times, that the team has to improve more to get the title as many think they can.

 

I am still enjoying the ride. This team is making history and I am so glad I can enjoy the journey.

I don't doubt your evaluation, I wasn't speaking of you particularly. My only point was that the sky isn't falling every time they don't win by 20+. There is something to nit pick every game, whether its a close game or a blowout, no team is ever gonna play a perfect game. It just gets old after a while I suppose. I could nit pick every game I watch from every team if I wanted to, but that would just become redundant, so I don't see the point.

 

Isn't this a forum to voice your opinion and have others give their opinions as well? Don't be so touchy with your Cats? Everyone who roots for them wants them to win every game and win the championship but don't you think that the fact that they are getting beat inside by smaller players concerns Cal? He hasn't been getting Willie's best lately and Johnson only plays in spurts. Lee is limited offensively so he has to make plays on defense without picking up fouls at the rate he has been. Towns had a great game and is starting to show vast improvement with his post moves but this team should be controlling the boards each and every game bottom line. Like I said earlier this is only a concern not the sky is falling. It only takes 1 loss in the tournament and on to 2016. Lack of rebounding and bad shooting could result in that 1 loss against a good team.

Big O > every Wildcat ever... :D

 

Dad says he's the best player he's ever seen and he hates UC. Means I'll make him #2 behind Jordan.

When your two best three point shooters aren't hitting from deep, the end score might be closer than you'd like. Booker and Aaron had several good looks from outside that they just didn't know down. They may 2-3 more of those, like their average would suggest and it wouldn't have been close.

 

If KAT puts together another solid game on Saturday, I think he'll steal that Freshman of the Week award away from Booker.

Lastly, for everyone who thinks Calipari isn't smart of playing Willis more, I think it was very telling that he didn't see minutes last night with Poythress and Lyles out. Just a big drop of in talent compared to the 7 All Americans available and WCS.

Big O > every Wildcat ever... :D

 

I agree and have no problem with that, we'll take the success over individual talent every day and twice on Sunday.

 

BTW O > every college player ever

The rebounding issue is very concerning to me. If anyone has paid attention this season, UK has not been a great defensive rebounding team. On the offensive end they were great, but the other side of the ball, not so much. Now they are neither. Not many great teams are deficient in that category. Their best rebounder is Dakari and he has regressed all season. WCS I've always maintained is just a supreme athlete but not a good basketball player. Marcus Lee is a worse version of WCS.

Some people just can't deal with ANY criticism of their team...

There is no expiration date when UK treated The Big O like royalty tonight... :D

 

As they should.

One reason WCS is not rebounding on the defensive end is because he has been guarding good shooters on the outside around the three point line and is out of range to get much rebounding done. Cal has him out on the floor a lot more than early in the year.

The bigs don't really fight for rebounds. Dakari is soft now that he lost all his weight and can't fight in the paint, Lee could get blown over by the wind, Lyles is way too passive to me, WCS has his moments but sometimes gets caught ball watching. Towns is really the only one that fights down low. Also these guys let themselves get boxed out way too easy. There is no reason for that rebounding difference last night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.