Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bill Walton

Featured Replies

Walton pretty much does west coast only. After a day of toking some weed in his tepee, he is only describing what he is seeing and halucinating. Obviously flower child Bill is cut from a different cloth, but he is kind of funny at times if you read between the lines. He certainly doesnt cut these teams alot of slack (In his own way).

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is actually quite entertaining when the guy he is partnered with starts giving him grief for what he says. Of course he does west coast games and usally it is at least 11 or midnight so I guess at that time it may seem more entertaining than it should.

Bill Walton is probably the greatest college basketball player I have seen in my lifetime.

 

His color commentary is not so great.

 

I do think Bill has fried some brain cells through the years.

The game was pretty bad to watch' date=' and I was still up having a few beers from the UK game so yeah I listened along to Bill's rants. Walton quote of the night: "I'd rather be at a Fish concert"[/quote']

 

Phish

Phish

 

You're so hip. :notworthy::lol2:

There's a reason why he's on at midnight. He's the worst.

  • Author

If I ran a pot shop I would for sure have a Bill Walton grade marijuana.

I wish I would have taped the segment where Dave Pasch says well since you have referenced the pyramid of success 30 times in this broadcast we thought we would show it. Bill Walton then went on some diatribe about the loyalty block which was followed by him explaining the pose of the John Wooden statue. It was great stuff.......

 

And yes from an announcing stand point he is bad but for some reason at least I find his stories interesting when he actually finishes them.

I love him but he is a polarizing figure.

Almost unlistenable.

 

I absolutely loved watching him play, one of my favorite all time players. I am not through 5 min. of a games he's calling and I need a nerf brick to throw at the t.v..

I don't know how anyone can listen to Walton call a game and still talk about, put down D. Vitale. Walton is a root canal. Vitale can no doubt be aggravating, some times more than others but I know that Vitale honestly cares about the game of college basketball, the coaches and players. A few years ago I heard Vitale give a talk to some h.s. kids that were top college prospects as well as some college players and I was sold. The man actually gets that fired up about the kids and the game, he just doesn't care to show it.

Walton may not give the best information as to what's going on in the game, but a lot of commentators are the same way. Walton is at least entertaining and provides factual information when he goes off on his tangents. Most of the other guys that do that are just flat out annoying, making the same comments over and over, every single game.

 

Walton has most certainly lived an interesting life and has a lot of stories to tell. I imagine the man would be a blast to hang out with for a day.

May be another thread but how do you feel about Dickie V.? Personally I turn the volume down as low as I can and still be able to hear the crowd noise. He drives me through the wall.

 

I can't think of one announcer that makes me want to turn the TV off. Dickie is also great for the game. Great ambassador. Yes, he's over the top at times but..doesn't phase me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.