Who wins?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very surprised that no one had mentioned anything about the Holmes Head coach. Especially with the irony of the timing of this game. The Cov Cath faith full knows that Wednesday following the game he will be inducted into The Cov Cath Athletic Hall of Fame.

I did not know that. Congrats to Mike.

You do realize Beetle dropped 28 v Covcath last year during the regular season, then 25 in the district championship, right? Bolden was "held" to 15 in the region championship but he also had his worst shooting night of the year (3-18 3FG) from outside.

Covcath has NOBODY that can check him 1 on 1. They will double him every possession. That's the only way to "contain him" ....and simply hope that he isn't hitting from outside because if he is, he becomes even tougher to stop because of his driving ability.

And FWIW, I expect Covcath to zone to avoid having to defend him 1 on 1...worked pretty well in the region championship last year.

I guess that and the 1-11 night at Mason County had nothing to do with the opponents.

I get that the players like it. I get that the schools like it for the payday and the experience.

This game will not have nearly the crowd that NCC/CCH had last Friday. Even with that big of a crowd the "experience" didn't wow anyone other than the sheer number of people. I hardly noticed NCC's big student section and I was on their end of the floor.

I'm in the minority. I get that. I don't mind having to get their really early, find parking, sit with someone's knees in my back, and sit on a hard bench.

It's how high school basketball is supposed to be.

Where's my sweater? It's cold in here.

Give me a high-school game in a high school gym every day of the week and twice on Saturday.