Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The One Player You Wish You Could've Watched

Featured Replies

Who is the one player that you wish you could go back and watch that you never got to see play because their career was before your time?

 

I'd absolutely love to be able to go back and watch Walter Payton. Growing up, I'd always watch him on NFL Films and things like that and I was just always drawn to him. I'm reading his autobiography right now. I just love the way he took pride in hitting the defender, instead of letting them hit him.

Who is the one player that you wish you could go back and watch that you never got to see play because their career was before your time?

 

I'd absolutely love to be able to go back and watch Walter Payton. Growing up, I'd always watch him on NFL Films and things like that and I was just always drawn to him. I'm reading his autobiography right now. I just love the way he took pride in hitting the defender, instead of letting them hit him.

 

He was a lot of fun to watch. He was my introduction to football.

  • Author
Jim Brown

 

He was a lot of fun to watch. He was my introduction to football.

 

In Payton's autobiography, they quote Jim Brown quite a bit in one section and how if anyone was going to break his record, he was glad it was Walter Payton. Of course it's Payton's book, but they made it seem like Jim Brown was very glad that it wasn't Franco Harris.

Butkus and Mike Curtis.

My number one would be Broadway Joe. I grew up playing for the Varney Jets in grade school, and Namath was my hero.

 

Here is my top 10 players I'd like to have seen play.

 

10. Deacon Jones

9. Ray Nitschke

8. Paul Hornung

7. Jim Thorpe

6. Johnny Unitas

5. Red Grange

4. Dick Night Train Lane

3. Dick Butkus

2. Jim Brown

1. Broadway Joe Namath

mcpapa is ineligible for this thread, he saw everybody play.

mcpapa is ineligible for this thread, he saw everybody play.

 

Pretty daggone close.

 

I'll go with Bronco Nagurski.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.