Doug Gottlieb says Virginia should be #1

Doug Gottlieb says the Virginia Cavaliers should be the No. 1 team in college basketball right now.

Gottlieb explains that Virginia is tops in points per game allowed and second in field goal percentage defense. He adds that they have wins at VCU, Maryland and Notre Dame.

Meanwhile, Kentucky has wins over Kansas, Texas, North Carolina and Providence. The Wildcats also have a road win at Louisville.

Both teams have ugly double overtime wins in conference road games against lesser teams. Kentucky’s came yesterday at Texas A&M. Virginia squeaked out a double overtime win at Miami (FL), which lost at home to Eastern Kentucky University earlier this season.

Doug Gottlieb Says Virginia Should Be No. 1 Team Right Now | Nation of Blue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can love or hate Gottlieb but I find him very knowledgeable. I think he is going for headlines because he can't really think UVA is better than KY.

For someone that played the game at the highest levels, I find that he doesn't offer as great a perspective as many other analysts. JMO.

You can love or hate Gottlieb but I find him very knowledgeable. I think he is going for headlines because he can't really think UVA is better than KY.

I do as well, during the tournament his insight is spot on. I put him right there with Bilas, he's just not politically correct and likes to stir things up.