Boyle County 76 Apollo 54

Apollo's offense is perplexing to say the least. They run zero motion and i dont know that ive seen them set a screen all season. I thought they came out early and let Eli create for himself and everyone on the team but came out after halftime and reverted right back to the offense that ive seen struggle all season long. I have faith in Barker figuring it out. Maybe he is trying to get others involved because he knows he is going to need more than just Eli to make this team reach their potential. I dunno, but right now it is very frustrating to watch them struggle.

Apollo's offense is perplexing to say the least. They run zero motion and i dont know that ive seen them set a screen all season. I thought they came out early and let Eli create for himself and everyone on the team but came out after halftime and reverted right back to the offense that ive seen struggle all season long. I have faith in Barker figuring it out. Maybe he is trying to get others involved because he knows he is going to need more than just Eli to make this team reach their potential. I dunno, but right now it is very frustrating to watch them struggle.

This. I've been telling Apollofan privately that I believed barker is trying to develop the other kids. Barker can run everything through Eli every game but when the tourney comes around and Eli is off or gets in foul trouble, then what? I think Barker is doing the right thing in the long run. The team will be better in late February because of it. When Wayne Breeden was at OHS they'd take some early season losses to develop kids to play the right way. Playing your best in March is what matters and good coaches get that.

Some stats from the game.

BC

FG 29/52 55.8% (Tyler 10/15, Elkins 7/10, J. Bell 6/12)

3pt FG 9/15 60.0% 71.4% 2nd Half ( J. Bell 2/2, Hinkle 2/2, Tyler 3/7, Bean 1/1)

FT 9/19 47.4% (Tyler 3/4)

Reb. 33 (J.Bell 8, Hinkle 7, Elkins 8)

Off Reb. 9 (Elkins 3)

Def. Reb. (Hinkle 7, J.Bell 6)

Asst. 17 (Elkins 6 )

TO 7

Block Shots 7 (Elkins 6)

Steals 5

Pts Off TO 18

Bench Scoring 7 (Robbins 7)

Tyler 26, J. Bell 16, Elkins 15, Hinkle 8, Robbins 7, Bean 4

Apollo

FG 21/49 42.9% (Wright 8/15, Moss 4/8)

3pts FG 7/17 41.2% (Wright 4/6, N. Hopewell 2/4)

FT 5/6 83.3% ( Wright 5/6)

Reb. 22 (Wright 8)

Off. Reb. 5 (Coomes 2)

Def. Reb. 17 (Wright 7)

Asst. 5 (Coomes 2)

TO 12

Block Shots 2

Steals 3

Pts off TO 9

Bench Scoring 3 (Taylor 3)

Wright 25, Moss 8, N. Hopewell 6, Wells 6, Coomes 6, Taylor 3

BC 13 23 29 11 76