Boyle County 76 Apollo 54

Ok...I have to bring this up and continue the discussion here:

Quote Originally Posted by shoog15 View Post

Elkins....bc's most important player. Hagan really nice. Bell and Eli a bit overrated.

All IMO of course

And again, I'll say...overrated?!?

Ok...I have to bring this up and continue the discussion here:

Quote Originally Posted by shoog15 View Post

Elkins....bc's most important player. Hagan really nice. Bell and Eli a bit overrated.

All IMO of course

And against, I'll say...overrated?!?

Well if you expect him to rain threes and shot the defense out of a zone, than yea, I guess he's overated. That being said I would dare most teams to come out and try to guard him man. He'd be almost unstoppable.

[TABLE=width: 2]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]12/28/2014[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Boyle Co. 76[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Apollo 54[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Boyle Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]13[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]23[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]29[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]11[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]76[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Apollo[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]16[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]8[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]18[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]54[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Traditional Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic

Boyle Co. -- Bean 4, Elkins 15, Bell 16, Hinkle 8, Tyler 26, Robbins 7.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Apollo -- Hopewell 6, Wells 6, Coomes 6, Moss 8, Wright 25, Taylor 3.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

To be fair to Wright, Apollo coach doesnt know how to use him. They run their offense through a 6'4 post player and rarely run baseline sets to give him one on one opportunities. Whoever said he's overrated doesn't know the game very well. Kid has high major offers all over him for a reason.

To be fair to Wright, Apollo coach doesnt know how to use him. They run their offense through a 6'4 post player and rarely run baseline sets to give him one on one opportunities. Whoever said he's overrated doesn't know the game very well. Kid has high major offers all over him for a reason.

Wright is the best COLLEGE player in that class. Yes, I'm thinking of everyone when I make that comment. He's a special talent.

Wright is the best COLLEGE player in that class. Yes, I'm thinking of everyone when I make that comment. He's a special talent.

I said the same thing after seeing him at North Laurel but after seeing Goodin at the KOB, I'm not too sure about that.

Luckily for us, the debate will be settled next year when they play against eachother. I'm a big fan of both.

Another solid win by the Rebels. This is about what I expected. Apollo is average at best. Not nearly as impressive of a win as the win over Cov Cath (or Bryan Station for that matter). Now for Lex Cath. Beating them in their own tourney will be impressive.

I said the same thing after seeing him at North Laurel but after seeing Goodin at the KOB, I'm not too sure about that.

Luckily for us, the debate will be settled next year when they play against eachother. I'm a big fan of both.

No doubt they're both great. Having seen both many times, I give the nod to Wright at the next level. He can play the 2 (even 3 at times) with no problem. His athleticism is superior and his outside shot is considerably better. Goodin is a better ball handler but is it good enough for him to play PG at a high D1 level? Is he a good enough shooter to play SG? He's a tweetner IMO. Keep in mind I say this relative to high major competition. No doubt he's a special talent.

Edited by PurplePride92
Fixed quote format