Rajon Rondo Traded To Dallas Mavericks

I just can't believe after all this time the Celtics could have landed deals for Rondo they end up with Crowder, Wright, and 1st rounder that probably will not be that high. I know his deal runs out but that is cheap. I know the tank is on, but there had to be better deals out there, specifically Sacramento.

I believe that first rounder is protected. Meaning that even if the Mavs miss the playoffs, the Celtics won't get a first round pick from them until they make the playoffs and get a non-lottery pick.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rondo may be costing himself some coin with his antics. Kudos to Carlisle for not putting up with it. Will be interesting to see who ponies up for him next year - a point guard who cannot shoot and a bad attitude. The guy can pass and rebound though...and play defense WHEN he wants to.

• 1 month later...
Played 10 minutes last night in a playoff game. This guy has lost himself a ton of money this year. If the Lakers sign him I might lose my mind.

What a disaster the Rondo experiment has been. I honestly thought Carlisle would find a way to make it work for the remainder of this season and the Mavs would find a way to win a title. Thing about Carlisle is, he doesn't give a crap if he ticks off Rondo or not. That dude doesn't play. He jerked him after his nonchalant 8 second violation and with him napping on the subsequent inbound play.

Played 10 minutes last night in a playoff game. This guy has lost himself a ton of money this year. If the Lakers sign him I might lose my mind.

Barkley absolutely let him have it on Inside following the games last night. Took him to task for not having his head anywhere near the game, which is completely criminal during the playoffs. Even in the 10 he played, he was all over the place and was really poor.