Cooper 63 Conner 58

Guest Scotty2hotty

Guest Scotty2hotty

For Cooper Mitchell 16, Anderson 19, and Tharp 9. For Conner Gambrell 17 and Dages 12.

Both teams played extremely hard. Sloppy at times on both sides but both teams got after it.

Cooper 63, Conner 58

Cooper (1-2) - Anderson 6 7 19, Held 2 1 6, Tharp 3 1 9, Nicholas 1 1 3, Rulli 1 1 3, Mitchell 3 7 16, Zingshein 1 2 4, Bleska 1 1 3. Totals: 18 21 63.

Conner (0-2) - Watts 0 1 1, Dages 6 0 12, Boelter 2 0 4, Hurst 1 0 3, Jordan 0 2 2, Vest 3 0 6, Gambrell 3 10 17, Roberts 1 2 4, Hicks 1 0 3, Frye 0 6 6. Totals: 17 21 58.

Halftime: Conner 32-31. 3-pointers: Coo. 6 (Mitchell 3, Tharp 2, Held). Con. 3 (Hurst, Gambrell, Hicks).

For Cooper Mitchell 16, Anderson 19, and Tharp 9. For Conner Gambrell 17 and Dages 12.

Both teams played extremely hard. Sloppy at times on both sides but both teams got after it.

I agree this was a very sloppy game & would love to know how many walks were called in total!! Felt like every other minute the officials were doing the "walking" dance! A few controversial calls but as a former official, these 3 refs called a very good game. The fact that Held was in foul trouble early & the others stepped up shows great promise for Cooper. Coach Levandusky always knows how to get the most out of a player & that seemed to be the winning edge in this game. Conner has a very large bench & it seemed like Stamm was more focused on getting players game time and not so focused on keeping players on the floor that were getting the job done. Players in foul trouble is one thing but that wasn't always the situation. You never know what is going on behind the scenes, but Vest & Bolter didn't play as much as they did when I saw Conner at TMC this summer. Both played strong and very effective when they were on the floor so not sure what the problem was. I'm also not sure of the logic behind an 18 man Varsity bench, especially with the veteran talent he returned. They are missing Hendricks, but I get the feeling that isn't the only problem going on for Conner.

Great District win on the road for Cooper & Coach Levandusky!! Can't wait for the Lady Jags to take down 2 more 33rd District teams!!!

Guest Scotty2hotty

Asyah stepped up big with Held in foul trouble and Anderson took over game at the end. Thought Conners two big girls should of played together alot more with Cooper having no bigs.

Great game Asyah Mitchell!! ( that's my niece)

Asyah Mitchell kept her team in this game almost single handedly in the 1st half. While her bf Held was out with her 3rd foul, Asyah put up 13 in the first half and battled the press. Jags hit a ton of free throws and Hailey Anderson dominated the 2nd half. I liked how patient Cooper 's young players were, they didn't force bad shots when they were down in the first half. Both teams had way too many turnovers, game could have gone either way.

Asyah Mitchell kept her team in this game almost single handedly in the 1st half. While her bf Held was out with her 3rd foul, Asyah put up 13 in the first half and battled the press. Jags hit a ton of free throws and Hailey Anderson dominated the 2nd half. I liked how patient Cooper 's young players were, they didn't force bad shots when they were down in the first half. Both teams had way too many turnovers, game could have gone either way.

Turnovers for both teams were outrageous & are inexcusable at the Varsity level no matter what age the player is. Cooper killed Conner with outside shooting & rebounding. Conner can't afford to focus on and take the outside shots due to the rebounding weakness. They'll never win until they fix that. What did work for Conner was their ability to penetrate the lane. Gambrel, Dages & Bolter drove the lane for jump shot or layup which seemed to be the reason Cooper was in foul trouble. Those 3 up front on the press defense were also causing Cooper to turn the ball over.

Cooper looked better than some people expected & showed a lot of promise.

Conner has a lot to work on which really surprised me since they returned 7 players from last year that have Varsity experience. Hendricks is definitely missed, but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

. Hendricks is definitely missed, but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

Really you don't think Hunter would have made a difference? Had 20 against Cooper last year. Seems 12.5 points per game sophomore year could have helped loss by 5. 2nd on team last year in rebounding behind Meyers. Led team in steals last year. I contend she would have made a difference.

I think you interpreted this wrong. Hendricks is amazing & my granddaughter played AAU with her a couple years ago. What I was trying to say is that Conner has talent that could fill a small portion of that void. None are players at her level, but as a team they have plenty of talent left. From our side, it seemed there was no rhyme or reason to what Conner players were on the floor. He had 2 players that were stepping up & brought intensity when on the floor but sat more on bench than on the court. On the court he had players making turnover after turnover, missing shots, not rebounding & getting beat on defense, but he wasn't subbing them out. Coach Levandusky used the players needed to pull out a win missing Held in foul trouble. That is how to coach & win in HS basketball. She plays talent & is teaching these kids the sport they love to play. She respects her players & in turn they respect her. I said it last year & I'll say it again...Cooper hit the jackpot having her sign on to coach!!!

Guest Scotty2hotty
. Hendricks is definitely missed, but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

Really you don't think Hunter would have made a difference? Had 20 against Cooper last year. Seems 12.5 points per game sophomore year could have helped loss by 5. 2nd on team last year in rebounding behind Meyers. Led team in steals last year. I contend she would have made a difference.

Cooper beat Conner both games they played them last year. Don't count them out, this may not be a great year for them but with all the young talent even without Held they stepped up! Kudos to them and their coaching staff!

Cooper beat Conner both games they played them last year. Don't count them out, this may not be a great year for them but with all the young talent even without Held they stepped up! Kudos to them and their coaching staff!

You obviously didn't read my last post that clarified the meaning!! Cooper has all the tools to be one of the top teams in NKY, plus they have Coach Levandusky leading them!!