What are some of the best High School individual performances that you have seen?

No doubt about far and away the greatest high school performance for me.

Richie Farmer of Clay County "backed" Alan Houston of Ballard in for 50+ points in the state tournament at Rupp Arena.

It was around the time the move "Hoosiers" came out and the performance sent chills down my spine!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about far and away the greatest high school performance for me.

Richie Farmer of Clay County "backed" Alan Houston of Ballard in for 50+ points in the state tournament at Rupp Arena.

It was around the time the move "Hoosiers" came out and the performance sent chills down my spine!

Houston had help from Mark Bell, who was a good player later at WKU. Considering the stakes, the caliber of opposition and the setting, it was the greatest performance I've seen in HS.

In 2004, Daniel Dillon for North Laurel (now at Arizona) had a huge triple double against Somerset. If I remember correctly, he had 38 points, 19 rebounds and 18 assists and completely dominated the entire game. My numbers may be slightly off, but needless to say he was impressive!

I think it was 38 points, 14 rebounds and 18 assists. But what was some of the outrageously good passes he made. One a three-quarter court bounce pass that caught Shanade Allen on the run cutting toward the bucket from the right wing, and another from the low right block — an over-the-shoulder flick of the wrist no-look pass to Allen cutting in from the left wing. Spectacular.

1. Lofton's 39 in the 2003 finals vs. Ballard

2. Billy Ray Fawns of Montgomery County scored 47 in their 1995 10th Region final win vs. Mason County, who was led by Shawn Myrick with 44.

3. Derby Classic in Louisville, the year Damon Bailey, Mashburn, Montross, etc. played. There was a player who was so much better than everyone else that night that it looked like he was playing against little kids - his name was Anthony Cade - absolutely dominated that night. Wound up at some Jr college, averaged something like 26 points and 17 rebounds per game, but pretty much dropped off the face of the earth.

I think it was 38 points, 14 rebounds and 18 assists. But what was some of the outrageously good passes he made. One a three-quarter court bounce pass that caught Shanade Allen on the run cutting toward the bucket from the right wing, and another from the low right block — an over-the-shoulder flick of the wrist no-look pass to Allen cutting in from the left wing. Spectacular.

That's the game I was thinking of.

1. Lofton's 39 in the 2003 finals vs. Ballard

2. Billy Ray Fawns of Montgomery County scored 47 in their 1995 10th Region final win vs. Mason County, who was led by Shawn Myrick with 44.

3. Derby Classic in Louisville, the year Damon Bailey, Mashburn, Montross, etc. played. There was a player who was so much better than everyone else that night that it looked like he was playing against little kids - his name was Anthony Cade - absolutely dominated that night. Wound up at some Jr college, averaged something like 26 points and 17 rebounds per game, but pretty much dropped off the face of the earth.

Dont forget that Billy Ray hit 3's in regulation and 1st OT to continue the game, and then hit big shots at the end of the 2nd OT to seal the deal.

Dont forget that Billy Ray hit 3's in regulation and 1st OT to continue the game, and then hit big shots at the end of the 2nd OT to seal the deal.

That's what made Billy Ray's game stand out - clutch shot after clutch shot.

I witnessed Tolleboro's Chris Harrison drop 73 points on Augusta. I think 6 or 7 different Panthers attempted to guard him that night. Tollesboro won the game 98-90.

He scored a ton on us like that too, but I remember him not crossing half court a few times to play D. I was at that Augusta game too. He was hitting some ridiculous shots.

Billy Ray Fawns against Mason Co. in the 1995 regional final. WOW!

VanHoose against LexCath in 1996 State Semis.

Barbour's 43 against Russelville in the state semis.

Off the top of my head those are the 3 best I can think of.