What are some of the best High School individual performances that you have seen?

Highlands Scott Draud scoring 69 points against Holmes at Holmes. Someone later said that if there would have been a three point line he would have had 17 three's. Greatest single game performance I ever witnessed.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antwan Barbour scored 42 points on Saturday morning to lead Elizabethtown over Russellville and a great effort by Teco Dickerson (31 points).

Scott Moore (Breathitt County) scored 64 points (55 in the second half) in an 82-80 loss to Clay County in 1996. To my knowledge, the 55 points in the second half is still a state record and the 64 is the all-time high for Clay County's gymnasium. He missed a jumper from the top of key at the end of the game that would have tied it.

Highlands Scott Draud scoring 69 points against Holmes at Holmes. Someone later said that if there would have been a three point line he would have had 17 three's. Greatest single game performance I ever witnessed.

I was there too. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

1988 Richie Farmer with 51 points in the State Tournament finals against Ballard

Without a doubt the most impressive high school performance for me as well. Houston was a half a foot taller and was on him all night. The shocker was that they lost the game too!

Chez marks had a lot against Newport and Petey Greene had a lot against Paris. Then it went into OT. I believe Marks had 47 and Greene had 39. It was two great performances at the Campbell County Christmas Tournament. Can someone verify my points because I'm a little fuzzy.

Chez marks had a lot against Newport and Petey Greene had a lot against Paris. Then it went into OT. I believe Marks had 47 and Greene had 39. It was two great performances at the Campbell County Christmas Tournament. Can someone verify my points because I'm a little fuzzy.

In 1995, I'm pretty sure of this, David Turner of Pendleton County scored 55 points in the Campbell County Christmas Tournament.

The night Draud dropped 69 on Holmes in the pre 3 pt era. No telling how many he would have had if the 3 pt. line had been there.

The best performance against Highlands was a first round Sweet 16 game against Clay County in 1987. We were winning by 10 and half and I was making plans to spend the night and then Russ Chadwell, who ended up at Georgetown, put 41 on the board as Richie was fairly quiet. Still hurts. :D

1996- VanHoose of Paintsville vs Lex Cath. in the semi-finals of the Sweet 16.

He had 29 points in the blow out win over the heavily favored Knights.

Oh, yeah he also accounted for 27 rebounds. :scared: He out rebounded the Knights by himself.

I think J.R. averaged 20/20 that entire tournament.

With out a doubt the most amazing 4 game stretch I have ever seen, and considering the competition, either of those games could have been the best single game performance I have witnessed.

One that stood out in particular.....The '96 Quarterfinal game, Paintsville and Allen Co.-Scottsville were both playing superb basketball. AC's do-it-all guard, Warren Cunningham (who had quite a game himself) hit a desperation 3 with seconds left on the clock to tie the game and send it in to what eveyone in Rupp thought was overtime.

But.....with 3 seconds left on the clock, VanHoose calmly takes the ball out and throw a TD pass to Todd Tackett on a run-out who makes the easy lay-up for the W.

It seemed like nothing out of the ordinary to a team that was destined to win, and Warren Cunnigham hit big shot after big shot to keep AC in the game. Had Cunnigham's team won, I probably would have said his performance was the best I had seen.

But.......it is still up there.

No doubt about far and away the greatest high school performance for me.

Richie Farmer of Clay County "backed" Alan Houston of Ballard in for 50+ points in the state tournament at Rupp Arena.

It was around the time the move "Hoosiers" came out and the performance sent chills down my spine!

I may be wrong but I believe this game was in Freedom Hall in Louisville. It was also the greatest individual performance I believe I have ever seen by a high school player.

In 1995, I'm pretty sure of this, David Turner of Pendleton County scored 55 points in the Campbell County Christmas Tournament.

How about David's brother Talbert who scored 59 against Nicholas County in the 1983-84 season?

I would have to say the best come in the same game. Elkhorn City Vs. Allen Cent. in the 1994 15th Regin Class A tournament. Hef Conley scored 52 Jeremy Hall hit for 46 on 13 threes. These two just went back and forth the entire game playing who can top who. EC ended up winning the game but it was the best I think that i have watched. Anyone that know what game I am talking about would agree.