What are some of the best High School individual performances that you have seen?

How about David's brother Talbert who scored 59 against Nicholas County in the 1983-84 season?

Talbert Turner is another player, who if they would of had a three point line then, he would of scored so much more. Talbert had tons of range. He is Pendleton County's all-time leading scorer with 3,100+ points. he went on to play at Morehead State. That record will never be broken at PC!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but I believe this game was in Freedom Hall in Louisville. It was also the greatest individual performance I believe I have ever seen by a high school player.

It was at Freedome Hall that year. I was there and that may have been the greatest HS game I have seen. Richie and those hairy legs and full stache...looked like a man out there.

I would have to say the best come in the same game. Elkhorn City Vs. Allen Cent. in the 1994 15th Regin Class A tournament. Hef Conley scored 52 Jeremy Hall hit for 46 on 13 threes. These two just went back and forth the entire game playing who can top who. EC ended up winning the game but it was the best I think that i have watched. Anyone that know what game I am talking about would agree.

Wasn't Jeremy Hall a sophomore that year?

I was there, too. Outstanding performance by two great players.

Maybe someone can remember the details a little better than me, but in either 2000 or 2001, Ronnie Dawn put on a shooting clinic at NewCath against ??? during a regular season meaningless game. He might've had 50+ points that night. I kind of recall him ending the first half with a half court shot. It seems like it was around the same time of the season that Patrick Sparks dropped his 73. Taking nothing from his performance because he was very impressive, I just don't recall the details because the game wasn't all that important. I do recall in 2000 Patrick Sparks and Ronnie Dawn playing back to back 1st round afternoon session games in the Sweet 16. Both teams lost. Muhlenburg to LexCath and NewCath to Male. I think they were both Juniors but it was the first time I ever heard of or saw Patrick Sparks play. I remember his name being said over the PA time and again everytime he scored. I think Dawn might've been held to about 16 in NewCath's loss. I believe that Dawn and Sparks had their career highs their senior years. There have been many more memorable games that I've seen but was just wondering if anyone remembers Ronnie's carrer high game and the details a little better than I do. Was this the night that he eclipsed 2000 points or was that another highlight night of his awesome HS career?

Maybe someone can remember the details a little better than me, but in either 2000 or 2001, Ronnie Dawn put on a shooting clinic at NewCath against ??? during a regular season meaningless game. He might've had 50+ points that night. I kind of recall him ending the first half with a half court shot. It seems like it was around the same time of the season that Patrick Sparks dropped his 73. Taking nothing from his performance because he was very impressive, I just don't recall the details because the game wasn't all that important. I do recall in 2000 Patrick Sparks and Ronnie Dawn playing back to back 1st round afternoon session games in the Sweet 16. Both teams lost. Muhlenburg to LexCath and NewCath to Male. I think they were both Juniors but it was the first time I ever heard of or saw Patrick Sparks play. I remember his name being said over the PA time and again everytime he scored. I think Dawn might've been held to about 16 in NewCath's loss. I believe that Dawn and Sparks had their career highs their senior years. There have been many more memorable games that I've seen but was just wondering if anyone remembers Ronnie's carrer high game and the details a little better than I do. Was this the night that he eclipsed 2000 points or was that another highlight night of his awesome HS career?

I was at that session in 2000. Sparks looked like a bald Jason Williams at the time. I remember not only his impessive scoring, but his crisp and fancy passing. Dawn can flat out shoot and I got to see him play only once. Both of these guys were great HS guards.

I was at that session in 2000. Sparks looked like a bald Jason Williams at the time. I remember not only his impessive scoring, but his crisp and fancy passing. Dawn can flat out shoot and I got to see him play only once. Both of these guys were great HS guards.

Patrick Sparks would be a great "Billy Hoyle" anywhere he went. He doesn't really look athletic or talented as a basketball player, but he can play. He can really play. He was a starter for three straight seasons(one at WKU, two at UK) and he never averaged less than 10.7 ppg in college. If he doesn't make it playing professional anywhere, I could see him going to Venice Beach, California to hustle players out there. :lol:

It was at Freedome Hall that year. I was there and that may have been the greatest HS game I have seen. Richie and those hairy legs and full stache...looked like a man out there.

... the same way he looked when he made his first Sweet 16 appearance as an 8th grader.

Can't believe nobody mentioned Patrick Sparks scoring 73 points in a single game. He only did it in a 32 minute game. Kobe scored 81 points in a 48 minute game. Pat was an impressive HS player.

That was in February '01. North beat Apollo 105-70. I didn't go to the game. 2 of my co-workers did, and I'll never forget them telling me about it the next day. He was in a zone (needless to say), and everyone in the gym was going nuts. They compared it to a rock concert.