Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Boys Preseason Basketball Rankings for 2014-15

Featured Replies

So Danny Boy - give us your run down on why NCC is not a top team.

 

A very good Mason team jump out early and NCC did not lose their composure. NCC has a lot of weapons. BIGS that can post up or step out and hit the 3. Vetern point guard that had few turnover and shoot 100% from FT line. They had 3 guys score 20+ points.

 

IMO opinion the best guard/big combo in the state. I don't see any team that can match NCC top 3 players. They don't have many weaknesses.

 

I agree Trinity is #1 however they are not that much better than a handful of teams.

 

Look at Ballard last year.

 

Looking forward to your response. At the very least it should be entertaining.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big time matchup right out of the gate.

 

#15 PRP @ #7 Doss.

 

Let's go:popcorn:

 

Really trying to clear a couple things out of the way on the schedule that evening so I can go to that one. Potential to be great.

I'm not sold on KCC being #3. After watching them play last year, they can't/don't get after it on defense well enough because of lack of depth. Sit back in that zone and try to protect from fouling, at least when I saw them. I don't think you can play constituently enough among the elite doing that all season. Doesn't mean the aren't good...Hall and Justice can bring it, but not top 5 IMHO.

 

Where would you rank them?

If these ranking are even near correct,,,I believe the state of high school basketball in Ky. is way down this year, I will not pin point any teams, but I believe once they start playing for keeps the line up will change,,just my thoughts............

 

You are constantly bashing teams on here but have yet to give your "expert" rankings.

 

How about you give us a little more rather than saying "basketball in KY is way down this year."

 

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Also glad to see Campbell get some attention...hope they don't get caught celebrating making the top 25.

 

Not a chance. Coach Russell has these boys focused on the big picture.

So Danny Boy - give us your run down on why NCC is not a top team.

 

A very good Mason team jump out early and NCC did not lose their composure. NCC has a lot of weapons. BIGS that can post up or step out and hit the 3. Vetern point guard that had few turnover and shoot 100% from FT line. They had 3 guys score 20+ points.

 

IMO opinion the best guard/big combo in the state. I don't see any team that can match NCC top 3 players. They don't have many weaknesses.

 

I agree Trinity is #1 however they are not that much better than a handful of teams.

 

Look at Ballard last year.

 

Looking forward to your response. At the very least it should be entertaining.

 

I like NCC a lot. My only concern is that 3 guys scored 69 of 71 points in the scrimmage. They will need contributions from more than them to be #2 in the state.

I'm not sold on KCC being #3. After watching them play last year, they can't/don't get after it on defense well enough because of lack of depth. Sit back in that zone and try to protect from fouling, at least when I saw them. I don't think you can play constituently enough among the elite doing that all season. Doesn't mean the aren't good...Hall and Justice can bring it, but not top 5 IMHO.

 

LOL

I like NCC a lot. My only concern is that 3 guys scored 69 of 71 points in the scrimmage. They will need contributions from more than them to be #2 in the state.

 

I do agree with you on that about having more then 3 guys that can score but it is impressive what they did in the scrimmage game. Didn't they beat Knott County and Trinity last year on Trinity's home court. My ? to you is why shoudn't they be #2 with all of the kids that return from last year.

If these ranking are even near correct,,,I believe the state of high school basketball in Ky. is way down this year, I will not pin point any teams, but I believe once they start playing for keeps the line up will change,,just my thoughts............

 

Who is your top 20?

I like NCC a lot. My only concern is that 3 guys scored 69 of 71 points in the scrimmage. They will need contributions from more than them to be #2 in the state.

 

At the high school level, you can get by with having three dominant players like Drew, Zack, and Ben more often than not.

 

Coach Dawn knows he needs to develop more depth for a deep post season run, but when you have that type of talent, athleticism, and versatility, there aren't too many teams who are going to be able to match up with 2 of those kids, let alone all three.

 

I wouldn't look too much in to Grant only having 2 points. He is a very smart player and picks his spots. Will do anything the coach and team needs whether it be rebounding, defending, scoring, or distributing the ball. Very unselfish. You will see nights where he is also in the high teens or low 20's.

 

And it's not like Newcath's bench is terrible. They have some guys who can give good minutes, just inexperienced.

I do agree with you on that about having more then 3 guys that can score but it is impressive what they did in the scrimmage game. Didn't they beat Knott County and Trinity last year on Trinity's home court. My ? to you is why shoudn't they be #2 with all of the kids that return from last year.

 

They are #2 in my book for now. They will need to be deeper than 3 to stay there.

NewCath is going to be really good but always seem to lose the big game. It has been like that for many years. Alwa hhs s ranked hi and tons of talent but last region title I believe was 99' 00' season

NewCath is going to be really good but always seem to lose the big game. It has been like that for many years. Alwa hhs s ranked hi and tons of talent but last region title I believe was 99' 00' season

 

To be fair, last year they lost to the eventual state champion (Newcath or Holmes wins it all lat year too, the region was that good at the top) and the year before that, they got beat by a Holmes team who blew a 5 point lead with a little over a minute to go against the eventual state champion in the state quarters.

 

I still don't think they should have lost to Boone in the finals but the following year when they lost to Dixie, the Colonels were #1 for virtually the entire season and Newcath almost upset them. That Dixie team was pretty good with a freshman by the name of Brandon Hatton, Parker Stansberry, Zeke Pike, and Jordan Hassel,

You are 100% correct but the Breds need to get over that hump.....

I think we did, but our opinions differ. Do you really think NCC is that bad?

 

Did I say they were bad? NO

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.