Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Boys Preseason Basketball Rankings for 2014-15

Featured Replies

NewCath isn't a 3 player team. There is SO much more to basketball than scoring points. Grant Moeves made some nice passes and played good defense. Not everyone on a great team is going to score 15-20 points. The best part of NewCath's team is that they have all the pieces. Pangallo can handle the ball and score. Ben Weyer can score and rebound. Grant Moeves can distribute and has a great shot. Drew McDonald can score anywhere, handle the ball, rebound and is a great passer. They all play solid team defense.

 

Brian Anderson had a really nice game. Seth Freppon is one of their best defenders and knows how to rebound. Once Erik Anderson joins the team they will be even stronger.

 

Some people just put way too much stock in scoring.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at the NewCath/Mason Co. game, but I heard Mason Co. came out on fire hitting their 1st 5 or 6 shots. At one point had a 10 pt. lead (don't know what quarter), then NewCath got on a roll and built a 16 pt. lead, and won by 11.........26 pt. swing.

Sorry...not knocking NCC, but is Mason County really that good......

NewCath isn't a 3 player team. There is SO much more to basketball than scoring points. Grant Moeves made some nice passes and played good defense. Not everyone on a great team is going to score 15-20 points. The best part of NewCath's team is that they have all the pieces. Pangallo can handle the ball and score. Ben Weyer can score and rebound. Grant Moeves can distribute and has a great shot. Drew McDonald can score anywhere, handle the ball, rebound and is a great passer. They all play solid team defense.

 

Brian Anderson had a really nice game. Seth Freppon is one of their best defenders and knows how to rebound. Once Erik Anderson joins the team they will be even stronger.

 

Some people just put way too much stock in scoring.

With all due respect to all of those kids, in my personal opinion, the PG is the player they need the most. Obviously debatable, but he's the straw that stirs that drink. Love watching him play.

Sorry...not knocking NCC, but is Mason County really that good......

 

Hey Danny, is UK that good? Cause they've had some real halftime issues wouldn't you agree?

So Danny Boy - give us your run down on why NCC is not a top team.

 

A very good Mason team jump out early and NCC did not lose their composure. NCC has a lot of weapons. BIGS that can post up or step out and hit the 3. Vetern point guard that had few turnover and shoot 100% from FT line. They had 3 guys score 20+ points.

 

IMO opinion the best guard/big combo in the state. I don't see any team that can match NCC top 3 players. They don't have many weaknesses.

 

I agree Trinity is #1 however they are not that much better than a handful of teams.

 

Look at Ballard last year.

 

Looking forward to your response. At the very least it should be entertaining.

If you recall, I said all year long that Trinity would win the 7th region, everyone said no way,,I did not say NCC had a bad team, did not say they should not be #2 in the poll,so they beat Mason County......

You are constantly bashing teams on here but have yet to give your "expert" rankings.

 

How about you give us a little more rather than saying "basketball in KY is way down this year."

 

Don't worry, I'll wait.

When I stated I would not pin point any teams, is that really bashing...I can*t rank the teams in the state when I never saw all of them play last year,,,I make a statement that I think basketball is down in the state,,is that thought forbidden,,please excuse me.....I am sorry that I do not put all of my attention on 2 or 3 teams in NKY and think that they are the greatest....

Sorry...not knocking NCC, but is Mason County really that good......

 

:idunno:

When I stated I would not pin point any teams, is that really bashing...I can*t rank the teams in the state when I never saw all of them play last year,,,I make a statement that I think basketball is down in the state,,is that thought forbidden,,please excuse me.....I am sorry that I do not put all of my attention on 2 or 3 teams in NKY and think that they are the greatest....

 

BTW, don't have a problem with anything you have said, it's your opinion and I can live with that. Trust, my opinion isn't always liked either.

Who is your top 20?

 

Sorry,,,I can*t unwrap it just yet................

When I stated I would not pin point any teams, is that really bashing...I can*t rank the teams in the state when I never saw all of them play last year,,,I make a statement that I think basketball is down in the state,,is that thought forbidden,,please excuse me.....I am sorry that I do not put all of my attention on 2 or 3 teams in NKY and think that they are the greatest....

 

You obviously don't know me very well or pay much attention to my posts on here if you think I put all of my attention on just 2 or 3 NKY teams.

 

Do Newcath, Holmes, and Covcath get a little more attention? Sure. But that also has to do with them being a top 10 team statewide and being mentioned in discussions like this.

 

Go and look at the Kelsey Sorrell Scrimmage thread and you'll notice I mention two other NKY teams that I think are good enough to get out of the region and knock off the teams that you say I think are "the greatest." But I'm sure you already knew that since you pay so much attention to who I talk about and what I post.......

Hey Danny, is UK that good? Cause they've had some real halftime issues wouldn't you agree?

 

You*re talking apples and oranges now!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the shenanigans going on above me... let me formally say Go BC Rebels ! :p

Good to see OHS getting a little love in there. #4 may be a little high for them but they have a lot of potential this year.

11th region must be down (or the rest of the state is up). Scott co. at #9 and then no one else.

11th region must be down (or the rest of the state is up). Scott co. at #9 and then no one else.

 

 

A little of both IMO.

 

Henry Clay with J. Tisdale is an unknown.

 

LexCath is an unknown and has reportedly looked shaky in the preseason so far. They are also missing their glue guy in Reece Ryan.

 

Dunbar has talent but is an unknown.

 

Bryan Station is an unknown with a new head coach in town.

 

Lexington Christian could surprise some people as well.

 

I'd expect by the end of the year that the final poll will have more than one team from the 11th Region in it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.