Early predictions on all 16 Regions

FLASTATE2017

Translation for everyone else: Lawnboy has a picture of himself hanging in his basement with a spotlight fixated on it. :lol:

No more drinks on my deck for you.

I did "like" this, but I have to be very careful! He has documentation on me I don't want brought forward!!!:eek:

It's always nice to be holding the "trump card". :lol:

In the 10th, I think Harrison and Clark are the favorites. I pick Harrison to win it due to having 8 starters back plus 3 transfers moving in. Plus with Roger Coppage as the hitting coach, this gives Harrison the edge. Clark will be good too. I think Montgomery and Brossart will be right in the mix. I don't think Bourbon will be a factor due to losing all their good pitchers and leaders. No varsity pitching experience will hurt them. Bracken is gonna go through some growing pains this year. Just think it will come down to Harrison and Clark.

In the 10th, I think Harrison and Clark are the favorites. I pick Harrison to win it due to having 8 starters back plus 3 transfers moving in. Plus with Roger Coppage as the hitting coach, this gives Harrison the edge. Clark will be good too. I think Montgomery and Brossart will be right in the mix. I don't think Bourbon will be a factor due to losing all their good pitchers and leaders. No varsity pitching experience will hurt them. Bracken is gonna go through some growing pains this year. Just think it will come down to Harrison and Clark.

Welcome to the site!

I'd agree with your assessment. I think Harrison, Clark, and Brossart are the top 3, probably in that order.

Bracken lost 8 I think to graduation, plus I'm pretty sure Bailey Cummins isn't playing this year either. Gonna be a tough year for them.

Welcome to the site!

I'd agree with your assessment. I think Harrison, Clark, and Brossart are the top 3, probably in that order.

Bracken lost 8 I think to graduation, plus I'm pretty sure Bailey Cummins isn't playing this year either. Gonna be a tough year for them.

That was a nice bunch of players right there, If I'm correct most were 3 or 4 year starters. That's tough to replace for any team.

• 2 weeks later...

The 9th Region is going to be fun again this year! The tournament should be another good old good one. Yes I am a Bird Fan and obviously know more about the birds (which isn't much) than the other teams. I will let the fans of the others fill in the details on there reply:

For years it has been said if you want to be in the discussion with the best you need to beat the best!

1. Highlands- Since Highlands is the defending champion and only graduated a couple ole outfielders they will be tough to beat again this year with 2 returning seniors that have tons of experience in Whitney Quillen and Payton Leighty both very excellent all around players with so much experience to share with the younger girls! Then they have a great Junior Class with Shelby Graybill and Brenna Dutcher (both sluggers that had over 50 RBI each last year) along with Haley Coffey a great defensive player that should have a break out season offensively, and don't forget about Bailey Spencer in the circle that when healthy is among the best pitchers in the 9th region, then you have 8th grader Rachael Gabbard who was the new comer at 2nd base last year as a 7th grader and turned many heads with her solid play in the field and with her bat. The big question is who will step up this year will it be Miranda Mason who threw a perfect game in the tournament last year or will it be Josie Daley or Brooke Dill who have both been playing year around or Morgan Coffey, Chloe Jansen or maybe the Fornasch girl who can absolutely fly or will it be a new comer like the Barth girl who is an amazing athlete! Bottom line is there are 2 open spots from last years 9 th region championship lineup which is going to make for an interesting competition between at least 4 or 5 girls!

2. Notre Dame - they graduated like 6 starters but when you have 2 of the best 3 pitchers in the Region and all of Northern Kentucky you can not forget about them not to mention several other girls that were major contributors.

3. Conner- they have been in the top of the 9th region talk for as long as I can remember, and they have a great pitcher coming back as well so I expect them to reload and be in the hunt all season!

4. Boone Co. - It's hard to replace your best player and leader, but you better believe Boone will Hit the ball.

5. Newport Catholic- pitching is a big part of the top 3 in my poll so I have to include NCC in my top 5 they have one of the best batteries with Schrieber catching and that pitcher who had 4 or 5 no hitters last year. If they can get everyone to show up they could make a run in the All A classic and could make some noise in the 9th Region Tournament.

Lets get the hot stove league going with getting our pre season picks for each Region. And any news on a team with new coach or players.

Region 1-McCracken Co not a close 2

Region 2-Madisonville North returns everyone as well as Adarian Gray that tore her ACL and missed all of last season. Union Co & Christian Co will make some noise

Region 3-Meade Co followed by OC

Region 4-Will be between Allen Co-Scottsville & South Warren with Warren East close 3rd.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Clark as favorite, Harrison #2 with Montgomery close behind. Brossart doesn't have a dominate pitcher but they will still win a lot of games because of their scrappy play. Don't sleep on Nicholas County though....they only lost two kids and were very young last year. Top two pitchers are juniors this year....same exact infield with 2 time all-state Bretz catching.