Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 51 Mercer County 0

Featured Replies

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's it for Mercer's playoff hopes, right?

 

Looks like Boyle got revenge for last year and then some.

Someone said something about next Fridays game being the game for Mercer not for sure.

 

Some stats from the game.

 

BC

 

33 plays 342 total yards

8-9 passing for 177 yards 3 TDS

24 rushes 165 yards 2 TDS

2/5 3rd downs

0/1 4th downs

7 penalty's 60 yards

9 first downs

2/2 red zone

 

 

MC

 

43 plays 136 yards

11-27 passing 150 yards 2 INTS (both returned for TDS)

16 rushes (-14) yards

1/9 3rd downs

0/4 4th downs

4 penalty's 35 yards

5 1st downs

Boyle came ready from the get go tonight and never let up with a running clock (37-0) in the first quarter. Congratulations Cruz Murphy on your first pick 6 tonight! :clap:

Boyle came ready from the get go tonight and never let up with a running clock (37-0) in the first quarter. Congratulations Cruz Murphy on your first pick 6 tonight! :clap:

 

You are wrong. They did let up. Could have been 77 - 0

Chuck could have run it up more.

Hey Starks? Do you have anything to say?

Hey Starks? Do you have anything to say?

 

It was an embarrassing display of football from Mercer. 30-0 with 20 seconds left on clock in the 1st quarter and Mercer gives up an 80 yard pass to start the running clock in the 1st quarter. They are a much better team than this but they sure didn't show it tonight. I hate to say it but I kind of hope they lose the coin toss so the season can end. A very disappointing season. Should be better next year. Congratulations to Boyle. Good luck in the playoffs.

Hats off to BC coaching staff. Sound, Disciplined and Hard nosed comes to mind when I watch BC. Mercer had a lot more athletes and talent but great coaching yields the results posted on the scoreboard tonight.

Hats off to BC coaching staff. Sound, Disciplined and Hard nosed comes to mind when I watch BC. Mercer had a lot more athletes and talent but great coaching yields the results posted on the scoreboard tonight.

 

The game I watched last night the talent and athletes I saw were wearing Black it looks to me like Mercer's talent is way Down, I mean seriously Mercer only had one drive that they picked up more than one first down and with only 5 for the game I saw nothing that said they had more talent than Boyle.

IMO for the first time all season Boyle looked like a Chuck Smith coached team, they were strong on all phases of the game. His teams always look like a well oiled machine when playing his style football I hope this level of play continues the rest of the season.

Mercer just isn't good. Really don't know how they beat Boyle last year in the playoffs.

I was just waiting to see the two players Starks said Boyle could not stop do something, I am pretty sure both of them touched the ball last night. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Pump the breaks there on the huge talent gap between Boyle and mercer. If a team chooses to lay down after things go bad early then a team can look 20 times worse than they are. I have seen average backs look like Barry Sanders because the other team decided to lay down and stop tackling. That mentality is worse than having a team with no talent.

I thought that this loss knocked Mercer out of the playoffs. I believe that their loss to Marion Co. is the deciding factor. I don't think it is a coin toss situation. Anyone know for sure?

I thought that this loss knocked Mercer out of the playoffs. I believe that their loss to Marion Co. is the deciding factor. I don't think it is a coin toss situation. Anyone know for sure?

 

From my understanding on what Ive heard, there will be a 3 way tie for 3rd., 4th, and 5th. all at 1-3. Tie breaker goes to a point system as you get a point from every opponent win. Marion's 5 wins and all the wins those teams they beat have should put them in 3rd. but a 3-6 Taylor County's win over Barren County last night was huge as they will get a point for each win they have! IMO that was unexpected and makes Mercer's slim chances almost impossible now.

 

I believe this is how it works? It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.