Mason County Hosting the Region???

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt we beat this horse to death very recently? Also, if Clark would have beaten Mason this weekend would this thread have even been started?

The fact that GRC did lose playing in Mason's gym proves the point. They have an adavantage and you will never convince me that they don't have an advantage.

First of all why do you care? Maybe in the 9th region 4500 seats would be enough. But not here in the 10th the biggest gym holds officially around 5500 people. But, I can assure you that their is usually more than 6000 on during the semi's and final.

It's all about supply and demand. There is a huge demand for people to wacth the greatest regional tournament in the state. The fieldhouse has the supply. If Montgomery Co. had built a gym larger than the fieldhouse then I would say they should hold it every year.

Harrison Co. held the region for years. They were the largest gym in the region at the time. So that is where it was at. Once the fieldhouse was built that's where it was held except for the one year in the late 60's when it was at Clark Co. I remember what a mess that was. The 4500 seats you talked about were full. People who got there 2 hours early had the option of going home or they could watch on closed circuit t.v. in the cafeteria.

I'm afraid that Montgomery Co. is going to set themselves up to fall on their face when they get the region. Thousands not hundreds of people will be turned away. Plus, the parking will be a mess.

If Scott HIgh is any indicitation of how the 9th region schools support their teams, then I understand why you need a small gym with 4500 seats for your region. Because, their turnout for their first trip to the 10th was an absloute joke!!

Since when has this been determined to be the best Regional in the state?? I would bet the folks in the 11th would agree. I wonder why they play the 11th in a neutral site the Frankfort Civic Center. Could you imagine if Lexcath or Scott County got to host the region like Mason does???:rolleyes:

The fact that GRC did lose playing in Mason's gym proves the point. They have an adavantage and you will never convince me that they don't have an advantage.

No point was proved. Maybe, just maybe, Mason was the better team on this night.

"If Scott HIgh is any indicitation of how the 9th region schools support their teams, then I understand why you need a small gym with 4500 seats for your region. Because, their turnout for their first trip to the 10th was an absloute joke!!"

Did you ever consider the fact that a 5:30 start of a basketball game over an hour away from you school, when parents work usually until 5 or later could have anything to do with this??? I am not making any excuses for them but, it is much easier for the Mason Co fans every year to work a normal work day, not take a vacation day and drive within a few miles to cheer for their team. I think its time for them to see what it takes to plan for a last minute game with a start time of 5:30 in the afternoon in the middle of a work week!

"If Scott HIgh is any indicitation of how the 9th region schools support their teams, then I understand why you need a small gym with 4500 seats for your region. Because, their turnout for their first trip to the 10th was an absloute joke!!"

Did you ever consider the fact that a 5:30 start of a basketball game over an hour away from you school, when parents work usually until 5 or later could have anything to do with this??? I am not making any excuses for them but, it is much easier for the Mason Co fans every year to work a normal work day, not take a vacation day and drive within a few miles to cheer for their team. I think its time for them to see what it takes to plan for a last minute game with a start time of 5:30 in the afternoon in the middle of a work week!

How much worse will the crowd be if you have a 2 hour drive to Clark County? Or Clark County coming to NKU?

Can anyone in this region list who has won how many regional tournaments since it has been held at the MC Fieldhouse? I'm just curious

I'm not for sure, but it wouldn't surprise if MC Royals has won more than any other team in the 10th region.

Is that an advanatage or not? :D

Can anyone in this region list who has won how many regional tournaments since it has been held at the MC Fieldhouse? I'm just curious

I'm not for sure, but it wouldn't surprise if MC Royals has won more than any other team in the 10th region.

Is that an advanatage or not? :D

I think most would tell you also since 81 MC has had the most talent also.:rolleyes:

Not a problem because your not in the decesion making so really dont have to convince you of anything.:p