Mason County Hosting the Region???

Let's see how many Pendleton Co. fans travel to the Fieldhouse next year. Pendleton does bring a good crowd, but they will not come out in the droves like they did this year when they were ranked in the top ten in the state and expected to win the region.

Any school can bring a "good" crowd at any time. Also, any school who ranks in the top 10 or even top 25 in the state will bring an "exceptional" or larger than normal crowd. Will PC's be down next? Probably so, but the past 2 years the Royal crowd was down in comparison to the Feldhaus and Lofton years. Which if not badly mistaken, they were also ranked high in the state during those time frames. :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does this "Pendleton Co. has always brought a crowd no matter how good the team is," come from. Go back 5+ years and I guarantee they didn't "bring a crowd," everywhere they went. I have game tape to prove.

I agree as with any school in this circumstance, see previous post. What's the point with Pendleton County? Maybe I missed a previous post about PC's crowd. Anyway; yes, they brought a great crowd during the past 2 years. Compared to 5 years ago, probably doubled in size. Starting next year, will the crowd count go down. Of course. But my thing is that this happens with almost all schools.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your alluding to the point that when a school is having a great year, then the region needs to held in a facility to support the followers of the team during that time frame. Which I totally agree and that's why the MC Fieldhouse is the best choice, for now. :D

Come on guys. Mason may have the best facility to hold a regional tourney and I will agree but to say that a home court advantage is not one of the perks if both teams are equal is crazy. Home court means something in every sport going from your home golf course,baseball field, gym, or football field. I am not saying the best team didn't win but to say that Mason doesn't have a slight advantage every year is absurd.

Come on guys. Mason may have the best facility to hold a regional tourney and I will agree but to say that a home court advantage is not one of the perks if both teams are equal is crazy. Home court means something in every sport going from your home golf course,baseball field, gym, or football field. I am not saying the best team didn't win but to say that Mason doesn't have a slight advantage every year is absurd.

I have not heard anyone say that.

I think everyone would agree that Mason does have an advantage while at the same time saying the Fieldhouse is the best and most logical choice to host the region even with giving Mason that advantage.

Does that mean it should stay there every year? That is another question. If it is moved, you are moving it from the best choice. If it is moved, you will have to accept that problems will result from that movement. Smaller crowds meaning less finances for the programs to take back to their schools being a large issue. $5,000 CAN BE the budget for the YEAR for a program.

Also, crowds will have longer drives, will be smaller, cannot hold as many in the gyms, parking issues, etc.

Should it be moved is a different question than I have been debated. My debate has been that the Fieldhouse is the BEST and most LOGICAL choice. The best and most logical is not necessarily the fairest way nor the way chosen. We have learned that with the Prop 20 situation and the compromises.

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt we beat this horse to death very recently? Also, if Clark would have beaten Mason this weekend would this thread have even been started?

Catsin05 I agree that this is a "dead horse" the region is over with let's move on, and hope next year your or whoever's team is better then last year and probably if it's Mason County or whoever has the tournament the "homecourt advantage" that seems to be all the rage here will probably pop up again. But I stated before, what better way to showup the host team by beating them on the host's homecourt(for Deming it would be awsome), I for one wouldn't change the site.

If it were your kids and Team A and Team B were equally talented, would you rather have a smaller purse, not so great parking and perhaps have to buy your kids shoes and warmups in exchange for the oppertunity to play at Rupp Arena in a state championship?????? Just a thought.

Where does this "Pendleton Co. has always brought a crowd no matter how good the team is," come from. Go back 5+ years and I guarantee they didn't "bring a crowd," everywhere they went. I have game tape to prove.

You have game tape to prove it? While I may agree that the previous two years crowd were unbelievable, Pendleton fans have always followed the Cats when it came regional tournament time. Were you there when they were runners-up to Bourbon County in 1984? Were you there when in 1993 when they battled Montgomery County? And even more recently, were you there when they played Mason in the semifinals? I know I may be rambling just a bit but I know for a fact that Pendleton has always brought good crowds to Mason County. Now bring out those tapes and we can discuss it further.

You have game tape to prove it? While I may agree that the previous two years crowd were unbelievable, Pendleton fans have always followed the Cats when it came regional tournament time. Were you there when they were runners-up to Bourbon County in 1984? Were you there when in 1993 when they battled Montgomery County? And even more recently, were you there when they played Mason in the semifinals? I know I may be rambling just a bit but I know for a fact that Pendleton has always brought good crowds to Mason County. Now bring out those tapes and we can discuss it further.

I meant overall, not just at Mason Co.

Let's see how many Pendleton Co. fans travel to the Fieldhouse next year. Pendleton does bring a good crowd, but they will not come out in the droves like they did this year when they were ranked in the top ten in the state and expected to win the region.

Okay wait and see, when they make it there, I would bet you they will have the same attendance. Keep this in your head, cause it will come back to haunt you....We have great fans no matter what kinda year they are having.

Okay wait and see, when they make it there, I would bet you they will have the same attendance. Keep this in your head, cause it will come back to haunt you....We have great fans no matter what kinda year they are having.

IF they make it to the fieldhouse.:D

Everytime that I played PC they ALWAYS had great crowds home or at the fieldhouse. We might beat them by 20 but their crowd is awesome especially on the road. Of course the FieldHouse Krazies are better...

IF they make it to the fieldhouse.:D

That's right IF they make it, but we were to win the region this year, but didn't, should have and they still were the most talented team in the region, just hard to beat another talented team 3 X', but enough of that, maybe we will surprise you guys again. They have nothing to lose!!!! So keep that big "IF"......:ylsuper:

Could be said for most fair weather fans, regardless of who they support!!

If PC should happen to make it to the Fieldhouse, then I'm sure they'll have their fan base there.