Mason County Hosting the Region???

Fair is the money that all the participating schools get. That is fair to everyone involved.

Who should we be trying to make this fair for? For the budgets of schools involved? For the fans? For all of those who are on here selfishly complaining about what is best for us (myself included)?

How about for the players? That's who it's all about.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not fair to the kids. The kids all want an equal chance at playing in Rupp. They couldn't care less about the money.

Is it fair to the kids in the program who don't have a realitic chance of making it to Rupp but can take the funds and see MARKED improvements in their programs, better facilities, new uniforms, overnight trips during the season, summer camps, etc.

I thought the argument on here in the public/private debate is that HS athletics is NOT all about making it to Rupp?

Who should we be trying to make this fair for? For the budgets of schools involved? For the fans? For all of those who are on here selfishly complaining about what is best for us (myself included)?

How about for the players? That's who it's all about.

Clark County had to play Pendleton and then Mason. Honestly they played 2 teams that were better than them all year. They lost by 3 in the finals. Get another steal, hit a few free-throws, make another three, take a charge, they could have won, but they didn't. They lost to the better team on ten foot goals by 3 points.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Poll the kids. I believe they will take 18,000 at Rupp over the Fieldhouse any day of the week.

Great statement that will get plenty of agreement.

But not reality. Most of the region will tell you that year in and year out, there are about 4 programs that will consistently compete for that opportunity. The others either have to have a tremendous cycle of players come through that gives them a chance or their reality is simply making it to the Fieldhouse is the dream.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Poll the kids. I believe they will take 18,000 at Rupp over the Fieldhouse any day of the week.

I would like to play in Yankee Stadium, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to play in Great American. Poll them and ask them where they want to play the region and I bet it's the Fieldhouse.

How do you know this????

JMO= Just My Opinion

When I went to Campbell County kids looked forward to playing there, because it's cool. I believe a lot of kids look at it this way opposed to the "It's convenient, lots of money, location, fairness" that we continuously debate on here. It's cool. It's a cool place for the region.