Mason County Hosting the Region???

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not rotate between Mt. Sterling, the Fieldhouse, and NKU's gym?

Please check post #10 and read the thread for the answer to your question.

NKU's gym would be an unfair burden to Clark, Montgomery, Paris, Bourbon County, Nicholas County. As it would be for the NKY schools to travel to Mt. Sterling/Winchester.

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt we beat this horse to death very recently? Also, if Clark would have beaten Mason this weekend would this thread have even been started?

A. You may have within a Mason County thread. I usually do not read MC threads.

B. Their most recent victory had no impact. As a matter of fact, I just found out today that MC hosts it every year (to show how little I follow 10th region b-ball).

No conspiracy here.

It sure seems that the if NKU or even the Campbell County Middle School gym could be part of the rotation it would be reasonable. If you talk geograpical location then there are several schools that are within 15-30 minutes to this area: Campbell, Scott, Brossart, Silver Grove, Calvary and two more that are within 30-40 min Pendleton and Bracken. Then within an hour you have Paris, Harrison, Bourbon, Mason, Deming and St Patrick. So I think that there is a very valid reason to consider that Northern Ky area (CCMS or NKU) should be considered. Yes tradition is nice BUT.......frankly some of us are tired of driving to Maysville and want the advantage of home court to our teams and our fans.

GRC holds 4500 folks. That seems to be plenty to me. Are we saying that they can't host it because they're too far?

Would you not go if it was at GRC?

First of all why do you care? Maybe in the 9th region 4500 seats would be enough. But not here in the 10th the biggest gym holds officially around 5500 people. But, I can assure you that their is usually more than 6000 on during the semi's and final.

It's all about supply and demand. There is a huge demand for people to wacth the greatest regional tournament in the state. The fieldhouse has the supply. If Montgomery Co. had built a gym larger than the fieldhouse then I would say they should hold it every year.

Harrison Co. held the region for years. They were the largest gym in the region at the time. So that is where it was at. Once the fieldhouse was built that's where it was held except for the one year in the late 60's when it was at Clark Co. I remember what a mess that was. The 4500 seats you talked about were full. People who got there 2 hours early had the option of going home or they could watch on closed circuit t.v. in the cafeteria.

I'm afraid that Montgomery Co. is going to set themselves up to fall on their face when they get the region. Thousands not hundreds of people will be turned away. Plus, the parking will be a mess.

If Scott HIgh is any indicitation of how the 9th region schools support their teams, then I understand why you need a small gym with 4500 seats for your region. Because, their turnout for their first trip to the 10th was an absloute joke!!

First of all why do you care? Maybe in the 9th region 4500 seats would be enough. But not here in the 10th the biggest gym holds officially around 5500 people. But, I can assure you that their is usually more than 6000 on during the semi's and final.

It's all about supply and demand. There is a huge demand for people to wacth the greatest regional tournament in the state. The fieldhouse has the supply. If Montgomery Co. had built a gym larger than the fieldhouse then I would say they should hold it every year.

Harrison Co. held the region for years. They were the largest gym in the region at the time. So that is where it was at. Once the fieldhouse was built that's where it was held except for the one year in the late 60's when it was at Clark Co. I remember what a mess that was. The 4500 seats you talked about were full. People who got there 2 hours early had the option of going home or they could watch on closed circuit t.v. in the cafeteria.

I'm afraid that Montgomery Co. is going to set themselves up to fall on their face when they get the region. Thousands not hundreds of people will be turned away. Plus, the parking will be a mess.

If Scott HIgh is any indicitation of how the 9th region schools support their teams, then I understand why you need a small gym with 4500 seats for your region. Because, their turnout for their first trip to the 10th was an absloute joke!!

Not so fast, CovCath has the best support in the state, along with several others in the 9th...

Notice I said if!! I do agree CovCath has great fan support. Matter of fact I can't wait to watch their student section at Rupp. Their the best I have ever seen.

I am just observing the crowds from the 9th that have moved to the 10th. Scott's was horrible, Campbell only shows up if they play on Saturday. Brossart has a respectable crowd but not one that is overwhelming. I know they will say they are an "A" school so their numbers are low. But, there are other "A" schools in the 10th that come out in droves when they get to go to the 10th.

Just my observations.