Mason County Hosting the Region???

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the youth in Pendleton, Bracken, Robertson and probably even Harrison county would agree with you.

Rupp is first dream.

Regional tournament is Fieldhouse.

To be honest...I think most kids really woun't care where regionls was held... just they want to get to the regionals and have a chance to get to Rupp.

To be honest...I think most kids really woun't care where regionls was held... just they want to get to the regionals and have a chance to get to Rupp.

I graduated high school in 97' and I was in awe of the Fieldhouse. It's an incredible basketball court to play on and an incredible place just to sit and watch a game. Maybe 1 percent of High School kids in this state get to go to Rupp and play.

"If Scott HIgh is any indicitation of how the 9th region schools support their teams, then I understand why you need a small gym with 4500 seats for your region. Because, their turnout for their first trip to the 10th was an absloute joke!!"

Did you ever consider the fact that a 5:30 start of a basketball game over an hour away from you school, when parents work usually until 5 or later could have anything to do with this??? I am not making any excuses for them but, it is much easier for the Mason Co fans every year to work a normal work day, not take a vacation day and drive within a few miles to cheer for their team. I think its time for them to see what it takes to plan for a last minute game with a start time of 5:30 in the afternoon in the middle of a work week!

Well I guess GRC fans and parents don't work. They had to travel farther than Scott did. From observing I would say that GRC fans outnumbered Scott fans 5 to 1. When did I ever say anything about the Mason fans. Common sense should tell you they are going to have a large fan base.

Pendletons fan base was better than Mason's fan base even with Mason playing at home.... It is nice to have such support no matter where you are playing.....Pendleton still had most of the Gym during senior night, and even when we are down they are still there, so it really don't matter where we play, we just love our cats!!!!

Clark County had to play Pendleton and then Mason. Honestly they played 2 teams that were better than them all year. They lost by 3 in the finals. Get another steal, hit a few free-throws, make another three, take a charge, they could have won, but they didn't. They lost to the better team on ten foot goals by 3 points.

If this game isn't played in the Fieldhouse the Royals probably miss a three or a few more free throws which would also make this game a different story. I'm not saying that the best team didn't win because I wasn't at the game. I just don't agree with your reasoning.

This thread wasn't posted last year when Mason got beat in the 1st round of the region tourney, so why bring it out now?..........Oh yeah, that's because they won the 10th region title again!!.....Maybe we should break out the tape measures and make sure the goals are 10 ft. also..........Didn't they do something like that in "Hoosiers"..........Anyway, Pendleton and Clark beat Mason this year at the Fieldhouse during the regular season........Mason in turn beat Clark at a neutral site and Pendleton at home.......Mason beat Brossart at Brossart.............What I'm trying to say is, everyone knew this region would pretty much come down to those four teams and whoever had a better night would win this region..........Just so happens Mason had a better night..........It's not like Mason came in as a district runner-up and made a magical run or anything......With that being said, I hope all these other gyms do get to host the 10th region tourney......That way, we can start giving a little bit more credit to the Mason Co. players instead of making an issue out of something they can't control..............IMO, the best team has won the region every year since I can remember........

If this game isn't played in the Fieldhouse the Royals probably miss a three or a few more free throws which would also make this game a different story. I'm not saying that the best team didn't win because I wasn't at the game. I just don't agree with your reasoning.

Very possible. Just because goals are 10 feet doesn't mean they have the exact same bounce and roll. Maybe Clark Co. hits a couple more free throws at home?

Let's see how many Pendleton Co. fans travel to the Fieldhouse next year. Pendleton does bring a good crowd, but they will not come out in the droves like they did this year when they were ranked in the top ten in the state and expected to win the region.