Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds 2015 Roster

Featured Replies

So who did the Reds lose besides Latos, Simon, and Ludwick? One of which was hurt all year and another on sucks.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....

 

They'll hang around until the All Star Game, by design, then it will be a straight exodus of talent. Reset button.

 

Who can they sell? Bruce's contract is actually good. Nobody will take Votto or BP and they both have to agree to be traded. Only leaves Leake and Cueto right?

  • Author
Who can they sell? Bruce's contract is actually good. Nobody will take Votto or BP and they both have to agree to be traded. Only leaves Leake and Cueto right?

 

Chapman.

Chapman.

 

Good point. Hope they can work out a good deal to get him out of here. They should get some nice prospects for him.

So who did the Reds lose besides Latos, Simon, and Ludwick? One of which was hurt all year and another on sucks.

 

I often disagree with your views, but that is a very good point.

The agent for Johnny Cueto has said that the Reds have until the start of the season to negotiate a contract extension. Once the season starts he will wait until he hits the free agent market.

I often disagree with your views, but that is a very good point.

 

While that is technically true they were a 76 win team with those guys and they have done nothing to replace them.

  • Author
While that is technically true they were a 76 win team with those guys and they have done nothing to replace them.

 

That is true, but I think most people would wager that they will get much better production from Votto and Bruce. I'm sure the Reds are also counting on a better year from Cingrani, but he is obviously a huge question mark. If healthy though, and that's a huge if, I think he's capable of matching Simon's numbers. The Reds also need much better performances from the bullpen, and I'm still hoping the Reds can sign Aoki to a deal. I exaggerated earlier with my 40-122 prediction, and I think the Reds can at least match their record from last year.

The agent for Johnny Cueto has said that the Reds have until the start of the season to negotiate a contract extension. Once the season starts he will wait until he hits the free agent market.

 

Tells me Cueto doesnt want to be here. He be gone in July.

  • Author
Tells me Cueto doesnt want to be here. He be gone in July.
The article stated that Cueto loves Cincinnati, and would love to stay.
So who did the Reds lose besides Latos, Simon, and Ludwick? One of which was hurt all year and another on sucks.

 

Also lost Heisey, Ondrusek, Partch, and the big loss of Steve Smith. I say things are already looking up.

Tells me Cueto doesnt want to be here. He be gone in July.

 

I don't think it means that at all. I do think it means he has a number in mind. If he doesn't get that number from the Reds he's fine with testing the open market.

That is true, but I think most people would wager that they will get much better production from Votto and Bruce. I'm sure the Reds are also counting on a better year from Cingrani, but he is obviously a huge question mark. If healthy though, and that's a huge if, I think he's capable of matching Simon's numbers. The Reds also need much better performances from the bullpen, and I'm still hoping the Reds can sign Aoki to a deal. I exaggerated earlier with my 40-122 prediction, and I think the Reds can at least match their record from last year.

 

I think they'll be somewhere around their record from last season. Cingrani can replace Simon but that still leaves them with one hole in their rotation and their bullpen (outside of Chapman) is not a strength. They are also below average offensively at CF, LF, SS and about average at 2B. Bruce and Votto have to rebound in a big way to even reach .500 with the current roster.

Who can they sell? Bruce's contract is actually good. Nobody will take Votto or BP and they both have to agree to be traded. Only leaves Leake and Cueto right?

 

Cueto and Bruce will both be jettisoned, if you make me guess.

The Reds season depends on Bruce and Votto. If they produce then the Reds will be decent if not then look for a repeat of last year. I'm not convinced that Bruce will ever learn to use the whole field and if he doesn't he hits .220 at best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.