Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds 2015 Roster

Featured Replies

As of right now, can someone list the players who are gone from last season's roster, and the new players who have been added?

  • Replies 157
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
As of right now, can someone list the players who are gone from last season's roster, and the new players who have been added?

 

Gone: Ludwick, Simon, Latos, Ondrusek, Heisey, Hannahan, Partch, Santiago

Additions: Anthony DeSclafani, Eugenio Suarez,

Gone:

Jonathan Broxton (traded at trade deadline)

Jack Hannahan

Ryan Ludwick

Matt Latos

Alfredo Simon

Chris Heisey

Logan Ondrusek

Curtis Partch

 

Added:

Eugenio Suarez

Matt Magill

Anthony DeSclafani

 

 

I may have missed some but that's all that they've added to their 40 man roster that I know of.

Cueto and Bruce will both be jettisoned, if you make me guess.

 

Bruce is the only contract they gave out that will be worth it so I could see why someone would take him, but I would hope the Reds wouldn't give him up.

Bruce is the only contract they gave out that will be worth it so I could see why someone would take him, but I would hope the Reds wouldn't give him up.

 

Mr. Castellini is hung up on this notion that the Reds need to be competitive until the All-Star Game (DUMB DUMB DUMB), or they would have already pulled a Marlins-esque fire-sale. This team has so many bad contracts, and is so broken as an organization, they have little choice but to hit the reset button and start over. As I said around Halloween of 2013, the window was closed.

  • Author
Mr. Castellini is hung up on this notion that the Reds need to be competitive until the All-Star Game (DUMB DUMB DUMB), or they would have already pulled a Marlins-esque fire-sale. This team has so many bad contracts, and is so broken as an organization, they have little choice but to hit the reset button and start over. As I said around Halloween of 2013, the window was closed.

How much do they anticipate to lose in ticket sales over the next 2-3 years after having the fire sale?

How much do they anticipate to lose in ticket sales over the next 2-3 years after having the fire sale?

 

Would be a guess, but I would think it would be an impact; no question. However, I think (hope?) that there is a faction of the fan base that would rather see them reset than keep treading water. I don't mind seeing younger / newer players, as long as I know there is a plan in place to be competitive again.

 

That said, Bob and Walt have driven this car into the ditch. Why should I feel good about them being the ones to get it out of the ditch and rebuild it?

How much do they anticipate to lose in ticket sales over the next 2-3 years after having the fire sale?

 

Would be a guess, but I would think it would be an impact; no question. However, I think (hope?) that there is a faction of the fan base that would rather see them reset than keep treading water. I don't mind seeing younger / newer players, as long as I know there is a plan in place to be competitive again.

 

That said, Bob and Walt have driven this car into the ditch. Why should I feel good about them being the ones to get it out of the ditch and rebuild it?

 

Obviously revenue created by attendance helps, but pales in comparison to the TV revenue. Like MTGL said, I am okay with a plan to rebuild -- but you have to commit to it. This "one leg in, one leg out" approach has been very frustrating and reeks of "let's stay competitive until the All Star Game" which is my worst nightmare.

  • Author

I'm definitely ok with a rebuild, and the sooner they get started on that plan the better. That being said my daughter is 11 years old, and just this past year became a Reds fanatic, just like her daddy. I'm worried she won't understand, and will turn to something else if they start dumping everyone. The weekend we had at Redsfest is something I longed for long before I even had kids. When I was a young man (18-21) and saw dads with their kids at the ballpark, I couldn't wait until I was able to have kids of my own, and enjoy those moments. I want to be able to enjoy that with my daughter until she has kids of her own, and tells them about the times she had as a kid growing up going to Reds game with their grandpa.

I'm definitely ok with a rebuild, and the sooner they get started on that plan the better. That being said my daughter is 11 years old, and just this past year became a Reds fanatic, just like her daddy. I'm worried she won't understand, and will turn to something else if they start dumping everyone. The weekend we had at Redsfest is something I longed for long before I even had kids. When I was a young man (18-21) and saw dads with their kids at the ballpark, I couldn't wait until I was able to have kids of my own, and enjoy those moments. I want to be able to enjoy that with my daughter until she has kids of her own, and tells them about the times she had as a kid growing up going to Reds game with their grandpa.

 

On the bright side, I enjoy attending games when the crowd is sparse...

Mr. Castellini is hung up on this notion that the Reds need to be competitive until the All-Star Game (DUMB DUMB DUMB), or they would have already pulled a Marlins-esque fire-sale. This team has so many bad contracts, and is so broken as an organization, they have little choice but to hit the reset button and start over. As I said around Halloween of 2013, the window was closed.

 

How much of a true rebuild can you have when you have Votto, BP and Homer and their contracts?

 

Also that Byrd trade they almost made seems to suggest they actually aren't sure they can't compete this year.

How much of a true rebuild can you have when you have Votto, BP and Homer and their contracts?

 

Votto's contract is a huge problem. BP's is also problematic, although not crippling. I don't see Homer's contract as a problem at all.

Votto's contract is a huge problem. BP's is also problematic, although not crippling. I don't see Homer's contract as a problem at all.

 

I don't think it's all that bad, but if you're "rebuilding" with zero shot to contend it isn't ideal.

I don't think it's all that bad, but if you're "rebuilding" with zero shot to contend it isn't ideal.

 

If he can show he's 100% healthy this season, teams will be lining up to take Homer and his contract off the Reds hands.

I don't see a huge problem with waiting until the ASG to blow it up. First, a ton of IF's but you never know and you would be selling low on a lot of guys. I believe the return is greater during the season because of injuries or teams getting a taste of winning and willing to overpay. Right now everyone is healthy and optimistic. If a guy like Grienke were to go down or the Blue Jays are playing well, you could command a lot more in July for Cueto or Bailey than right now. Chapman gets much more on the market in July too with some team fixing the pen.

 

It doesn't always take 2-3 years to rebuild... Just ask Average Joe and his Red Sox.

 

It's a roll of the dice but when you couple that with the talent on the team and potential to play well I would roll them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.