Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan County coaches can't pray with players

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my son, if it were me I would go pray with Coach Grahm when he played against Rowan. I am tired of sacrificing my religious freedoms as a Christian for the sake of tolereance.

This is so stupid!!!! It makes me so mad to see this kind of stuff. Freedom of religion means nothing anymore. There is no such thing!

This is so stupid!!!! It makes me so mad to see this kind of stuff. Freedom of religion means nothing anymore. There is no such thing!

Freedom of Religion only applies to non-Chrisitan religion now.

I am a Christian and I believe in the power of prayer and the rights to practice religion of choice without government interference.

 

This ruling doesn't violate the "freedom of religion" we are granted as citizens. I understand the stance of the principal in this case and I think we all know that the law is on his side.

I am a Christian and I believe in the power of prayer and the rights to practice religion of choice without government interference.

 

This ruling doesn't violate the "freedom of religion" we are granted as citizens. I understand the stance of the principal in this case and I think we all know that the law is on his side.

 

Took the words right out of my mouth.

No coincidence whatsoever that Rowan Co is a democrat haven , one of 9 counties to vote for Obama in Ky . You can spin it , but facts are facts .

VOLUNTARY prayer should not be disallowed . When they have a moment of silence if that coach wants to do a Christian Prayer he should be able to . And yes the muslims and the hindu's and atheists should be free to do whatever they do .

Whatever the motivation behind it, this is becoming the norm everywhere. There are still many high school programs where they have team prayer, even a pregame prayer over the PA system. Slowly but surely they will all be forced to cut it out or face a legal battle that they will not win. Regardless of any of our feelings on the matter, that is an unavoidable fact.

So the same people that are upset would be OK if the Head Coach read from the Quran and/or went to a synagogue for the pre-game meal? I doubt it.

 

This is less of a "freedom of religion" issue than an "establishment clause" issue. Teacher / Coach of a public school system clearly has, and should have, influence over the students. It should not be clouded with religious overtones -- regardless of if that religion is the same as the overwhelming majority of the students.

VOLUNTARY prayer should not be disallowed . When they have a moment of silence if that coach wants to do a Christian Prayer he should be able to . And yes the muslims and the hindu's and atheists should be free to do whatever they do .
Absolutely agree, it should be allowed, and it is allowed. It is not against the law to allow even a student led prayer for those who want to participate. A moment of silence where everyone can pray or meditate or whatever they want to do is OK too.
I am a Christian and I believe in the power of prayer and the rights to practice religion of choice without government interference.

 

This ruling doesn't violate the "freedom of religion" we are granted as citizens. I understand the stance of the principal in this case and I think we all know that the law is on his side.

 

Took the words right out of my mouth.

 

The only problem is that the "law" in question here is NEVER consistently applied.

The only problem is that the "law" in question here is NEVER consistently applied.
Examples please.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.