Covington Catholic 19 Cooper 16 (Frosh)

Redemption

I attended this game last night to see this new big CovCath freshman class, and I got to see a very good game. Cooper was winning 8 to 7 at halftime, but then CovCath came out in the second half and tacked on touchdowns to go up 19 to 8. Cooper drove down 80 yards in the last 2 minutes to make it 19 to 16 and had an onside kick with 40 seconds to go that CovCath recovered.

A lot of fight in the baby Jags, just have to work on getting better with their line play. Defensively Cov Cath ran up the middle and it was very successful. Just got to learn not to fly up field which will come with repetition and learning. A great game by both teams. Congratulations and good luck to Cov Cath, and get better every day Freshman Jags. Use this game as a learning tool and improve for next week.

Quick question though: Cameron Butler played for Cooper's Freshman team last year as an 8th grader and was supposed to go to Covington Catholic, but I did not see him on the roster nor did I hear his name last night. Is he enrolled at Cov Cath and if so is he playing football?

Based on the threads on here both of these teams have been in exciting games the last two weeks. CovCath and Dixie went down to the last play last week, and same with Cooper against Highlands last week.

Enjoying some freshman football during the week and now looking forward to seeing Newport vs Scott this Friday.

A lot of fight in the baby Jags, just have to work on getting better with their line play. Defensively Cov Cath ran up the middle and it was very successful. Just got to learn not to fly up field which will come with repetition and learning. A great game by both teams. Congratulations and good luck to Cov Cath, and get better every day Freshman Jags. Use this game as a learning tool and improve for next week.

Quick question though: Cameron Butler played for Cooper's Freshman team last year as an 8th grader and was supposed to go to Covington Catholic, but I did not see him on the roster nor did I hear his name last night. Is he enrolled at Cov Cath and if so is he playing football?

Yes- he played last night. Been injured up till now I think.

Difference IMO was obviously Cov Cath's run game and Cooper not adjusting quick enough to defend it- or defend it well enough.

Cov Cath could get nothing going early on with the run/ pass mix. When they went almost exclusively run with some quick passes sprinkled in, it really chewed up the clock and I think, wore Cooper down.

Cooper has some nice players in #3 and #24.

Cov Cath's RB's Dyer and DeFraites had very good games. Maile was a beast at LB. Deters played very well at Guard and LB.

Yes- he played last night. Been injured up till now I think.

Difference IMO was obviously Cov Cath's run game and Cooper not adjusting quick enough to defend it- or defend it well enough.

Cov Cath could get nothing going early on with the run/ pass mix. When they went almost exclusively run with some quick passes sprinkled in, it really chewed up the clock and I think, wore Cooper down.

Cooper has some nice players in #3 and #24.

Cov Cath's RB's Dyer and DeFraites had very good games. Maile was a beast at LB. Deters played very well at Guard and LB.

I can't think of his name but whoever #6 was for Cooper also had a solid game.