Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If weed were legal would you smoke it?

If weed were legal would you smoke it? 58 members have voted

  1. 1. If weed were legal would you smoke it?

    • Yes
      43%
      25
    • No
      56%
      33

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

 

Funny even though I can't remember exactly what I was trying to type that led to this. Refresh my aging memory.

 

Sounds like you have already been partaking..lol

  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you have already been partaking..lol

 

I actually thought that same thing while I was typing that. Duuuuude....I can't remember.

Nope. I see no benefit from it at all. Personally, I don't like the feeling of having no control. I have siblings who have enjoyed it excessively and I just don't want to act like they do.

 

I like being in control I guess.

 

I don't even drink much if any at all these days.

 

I actually thought that same thing while I was typing that. Duuuuude....I can't remember.

 

It happens..

 

This. Zero percent chance.

 

Cigarettes and.cigars are much more harmful to your body than marijuana is.

Cigarettes and.cigars are much more harmful to your body than marijuana is.

That's like saying whiskey is more dangerous to your body than wine.

No, I will not be tempted to use marijuana if it becomes legal. I will just sit back and watch the law of natural selection work its magic.

Cigarettes and.cigars are much more harmful to your body than marijuana is.

You have obviously smoked way too much marijuana because you're not thinking clearly. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

You have obviously smoked way too much marijuana because you're not thinking clearly. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

 

My guess is his argument is centered around the belief that 99% of people would never smoke nearly as much weed as they do cigarettes so the "per" argument would not apply.

I tried it a couple of times when I was in college back in the '70's but it had the reverse effect on me that most people say it has on them. It gave me panic attacks, shortness of breath, just felt like I was smothering. Definitely nothing relaxing about it.

 

I was a beer drinker for my relaxion and recreation. But I also stopped drinking all alcohol beverages almost 6 years ago.

Not a smoker either. Quit that in 1972 during my first year of college.

You have obviously smoked way too much marijuana because you're not thinking clearly. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes.

I once heard a figure that one average size marijuana joint was equal to one pack of cigarettes in cancer causing agents. It thought that might be a little extreme and by what you've posted it was. But a joint with 4 X the cancer agents than cigarettes is still bad, and many frequent marijuana users also smoke cigarettes. I know a guy that smokes both all day long, and has done so for over 30 years. The last few times I have talked to him his voice wasn't the same, it had a hoarse sound. His larynx has paid the price of his habit.

It smells so good though.

 

Speaking of the smell, although I haven't partaken in about 5 years, I've noticed that anytime I happen to smell it when out in the world (example: a car passing me by where the smell is permeating from it), I instantly get a very short lived quick pseudo-buzz from it.

 

I suppose it's some sort of stimulus/response reaction from having experienced it so much in the past.

 

Just last week I passed a 60 year old man on the street walking and puffing while I was out for my power walk and the very same thing happened.

 

He didn't see me coming and acted sheepish when I said "How's it going man"?

 

I wanted to say "No panic dude...it's all good".

 

I however just kept moving acting as if I hadn't noticed. No need to blow his buzz with paranoia.

If you've ever held a cancerous lung in your hands, blown it up with air and listen to each alveolus burst as you fill it, I wonder if folks would be more conscious of the things they inhale.

 

And the the answer is likely no.

And let me add to my original post...I have never smoked pot either, nor done any other type of illicit drug. Call me a square, rectangle, goody two shoes...been called those things...but not partaking is something I am personally proud of and was a promise I made to myself a long time ago.

 

I wouldn't call myself a non-drinker as I have an alcoholic beverage every now and then, especially a hard apple cider, but it's not real often. Wish I could say I have never been drunk, but unfortunately failed that test a LONG time ago on many occasions in my late teens/early 20's. I wised up though. At least I think I did.:idunno:

No, but mainly becasue I can't stand smoking anything. I would have no problem if it were to be legalized.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.