Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If weed were legal would you smoke it?

If weed were legal would you smoke it? 58 members have voted

  1. 1. If weed were legal would you smoke it?

    • Yes
      43%
      25
    • No
      56%
      33

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

None that I can't handle without using pot or painkillers .
I'd much rather use pot than painkillers if it came to that. I can handle pain as well, until my gout kicks in or my back goes out. I think marijuana has too much of a stigma attached to it by far too many people, and wrongfully so. I don't smoke it or use it in any fashion, don't feel the need to, but if it were legal I just don't see what the fuss is about by those that condemn it. Not saying you are one of those people.
  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magic 8-Ball says "signs point to yes."

  • Author
If you've ever held a cancerous lung in your hands' date=' blown it up with air and listen to each alveolus burst as you fill it, I wonder if folks would be more conscious of the things they inhale. [b']And the the answer is likely no.[/b]
So you're saying there's a chance?!?!

Never had so probably no.

 

But I do enjoy my beer.

Article stating that a majority of anti marijuana research is paid for by pharmaceutical companies primarily those who make pain killers.

 

Hmmmmm.....

 

 

https://news.vice.com/article/leading-anti-marijuana-academics-are-paid-by-painkiller-drug-companies?utm_source=vicenewsfb

And the majority of anti-smoking studies were paid for by the government.

 

Hmmmmm....

 

I believe that the government's interest in tax revenue has probably trumped its interest in protecting public health - and I support the legalization of drugs, including marijuana.

 

Let's not pretend that inhaling large volumes of any kind of smoke into one's lungs is a smart thing to do.

And the majority of anti-smoking studies were paid for by the government. Hmmmmm.... I believe that the government's interest in tax revenue has probably trumped its interest in protecting public health - and I support the legalization of drugs' date=' including marijuana. Let's not pretend that inhaling large volumes of any kind of smoke into one's lungs is a smart thing to do.[/quote']

 

What about vaporization or edibles? There's more than one way to consume.

What about vaporization or edibles? There's more than one way to consume.
What about them? Has the federal government performed or required extensive studies about the long term effects of marijuana consumed through inhaling vapors or ingesting it?

 

Marijuana is being legalized for political reasons. Period. It is being fast tracked by politicians looking for votes - it is as simple as that. If all sorts of detrimental health impacts become apparent over the next decade or two, then it will not matter. Like alcohol, government will have become too addicted to the tax revenue generated by marijuana sales to reverse course.

 

As a libertarian, I support the legalization of drug use by adults. As a human being with a healthy brain and common sense, I will not risk my own health consuming it.

What about them? Has the federal government performed or required extensive studies about the long term effects of marijuana consumed through inhaling vapors or ingesting it?

 

Marijuana is being legalized for political reasons. Period. It is being fast tracked by politicians looking for votes - it is as simple as that. If all sorts of detrimental health impacts become apparent over the next decade or two, then it will not matter. Like alcohol, government will have become too addicted to the tax revenue generated by marijuana sales to reverse course.

 

As a libertarian, I support the legalization of drug use by adults. As a human being with a healthy brain and common sense, I will not risk my own health consuming it.

 

 

I think that were marijuana not listed as a Schedule I drug for so long, then we wouldn't really be in the situation that we are in with such pushes for legalization.

 

Instead of research being conducted on the medicinal benefits of the plant in a way that maximizes it's benefits, reduces the "high" feeling, and eliminates other negative side effects, researchers were handcuffed by it's being classified as more dangerous than a number of other drugs that one would think are significantly worse.

 

Just like marijuana is being legalized for political reasons, you could also make a strong argument that it was initially criminalized for a number of political reasons as well. When the laws seemed to be overly antiquated, you knew that once lobbyists were successful in reform that there'd be a huge ground swell that followed.

 

Making some more concessions on use for research decades ago could have drastically altered today's landscape because it likely would have negated a few of marijuana advocate's better points in later debates.

Yes, I like it better than drinking personally. I've just never out of control like you can if you have too much to drink, because of that lack of control I have pretty much stopped drinking alcohol.

Half of you are liars! LOL! If it was prohibition would you admit that you would drink if it were legal?

 

I can see many people taking it to ease pain if needed in illnesses or older age. I just pray I don't endure the pains when I get older.

Maybe a few yrs back I would. But now that I'm trying to finally put down the Marlboro's I'd have to say no. I know how hard it is to quit tobacco I definitely don't want to start something else that's addicting. :no:

Maybe a few yrs back I would. But now that I'm trying to finally put down the Marlboro's I'd have to say no. I know how hard it is to quit tobacco I definitely don't want to start something else that's addicting. :no:

 

That logic works if you're thinking about taking up a healthy pill or booze or coke habit. Weed, on the other hand, isn't addictive. Nobody gets "dope-sick" if they run out of weed and can't get more.

Hey, no need to lie, if it was legal I would take advantage. Maybe I would travel around and tote behind a mobile hash store on wheels. College towns, concerts, government offices, festivals and state fairs. Mad stacks of cash for me, yo.

 

I think I would only smoke enough to let a happy cloud be pumped out of my little el weedo mobile, and fling a craving on the crowd. Kind of like them funnel cakes and BBQ venders do at Court Days and Hillbilly Days and such. Man I cannot pass up those funnel cakes. Out of the other side of the trailer I guess I would sell cheetos and ho ho cakes for those with the munchies.

 

It would be righteous, dudes.

I get super uptight and paranoid. Haven't in at least 9 years. Wouldn't change a thing for me if it was legal or illegal. I don't handle it well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.