Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green/Lexington Catholic Predictions

Bowling Green vs. Lexington Catholic 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Bowling Green vs. Lexington Catholic

    • Bowling Green
      58%
    • Lexington Catholic
      41%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Purples defense put pressure on Reece and the Knights offense? Can Purples have some success on offense? Let us know your thoughts and predictions.

ThIs game starts a difficult stretch in BG's schedule. Lex Cath looked great yesterday and I look for them to try to neutralize BGs DLine with short passes, how BGs D handles this will say a lot. The BG offense started to do some good things in the second half agaist a tired Mercer County D. I am hoping they carry that up to Lexington. BG in a close one.

Where's this one being played at?

 

Lexington Catholic

My heart says Purples win in a thriller, head says opposite.

 

Going with my heart

Purples 21

Catholic 14

Not sure if there is a program that is as respected by us as BG. Great players, fans and coaches. I stayed and watched their game with Mercer. Their defense really impressed me and the other LC fans that watched. I think it will be a well played game with LC figuring out how to attack their secondary.

 

Lexington Catholic 42

 

Bowling Green 28

Lexington Catholic's O has looked unstoppable in the scrimmage and the first game. Bowling Green is not Ballard or ACS however. This is the game of the week.

 

LexCath makes a statement and breaks BG's streak.

 

Lexington Catholic 35

 

Bowling Green 24

Not sure if there is a program that is as respected by us as BG. Great players, fans and coaches. I stayed and watched their game with Mercer. Their defense really impressed me and the other LC fans that watched. I think it will be a well played game with LC figuring out how to attack their secondary.

 

Lexington Catholic 42

 

Bowling Green 28

 

Many thanx to you, Lex, and the LC fans who feel as you do about the Purples. We have the same respect for the Knights, as does Coach Wallace and the players. The series also gives us valuable exposure in your neck of the woods!

 

Ben Holt is a freakazoid! He can play DE or OLB in our 3-4 defense. Manual couldn't stop him in our scrimmage and they had almost all of their offense back from last year! The rest of the front seven can play with anybody as well. The secondary, although young and inexperienced, is athletic and can come up with a big play. The offense improved immensely in the second half of the Mercer Co game, and I'm very pleased about the resurgence of our ground game, plus Holt is a load when put in the offensive backfield. This is the first game of a murderous four game stretch for us. How we do in this first game will tell a lot about how we do in the next three games after. The guys know that they are in for a real battle in this one, and they are looking forward to the challenge, as I'm sure the Knights are too. I'm not into predicting scores, but I think that this one will be a real nail biter! I like the Purples in a game that neither team will deserve to lose!

Game of the week. I'll take the Purples in a close one. 8-7.

Not sure of the score and it's nothing personal, but I think LexCath ends the streak here.

I could be wrong but I will be very surprised if anyone scores 42 points on us. If our offense can't move the ball and allows Catholic to have short field they will score some points just not sure about 42. It has been a long time that a state school has scored a lot of points on us. Should be interesting.

Not sure of the score and it's nothing personal, but I think LexCath ends the streak here.

 

I'm sure I can speak for the rest of Purple Nation that there's no offense taken. You are one of the most thoughtful and respected posters here and you always think before you push those keys!

I could be wrong but I will be very surprised if anyone scores 42 points on us. If our offense can't move the ball and allows Catholic to have short field they will score some points just not sure about 42. It has been a long time that a state school has scored a lot of points on us. Should be interesting.

 

BG has given up that much or more one time since 1987. To anyone, anywhere. Ironically though, the last team to do it was LexCath back in the 2005 state finals.

I think one of the variables will be the weather. If it rains a lot (like the long term forecast suggests) I give the advantage to BG. With sloppy weather I think it will limit the LC passing game game. I'll take the Purples 21 - 14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.