Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Football

Featured Replies

I'll go so far as to say that he might end up being the BEST to ever come out of Elizabethtown/Hardin County and for those of you not familiar with the area...THAT is saying something.

 

There are way too many names to list, but when you bring up the best of the best over the years that have played at E-town, Fort Knox (80's-Mid 90's), North Hardin, John and Central then you are something special.

 

I saw the kid last year as an 8th grader, and I don't need to see ANYBODY else across the state to know that he is the best in the class.

 

He's a freak.

 

Freak would be the right word to describe him. If he stays hungry and motivated, he may be the best athlete to ever come through John Hardin. According to the paper today, he will be starting against Seneca tonight.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellman plays fullback and middle linebacker, and Varney plays halfback and safety...these young men also played for team Ky...

The running back #24 for Bowling Green is the real deal. I think his name is J'son Beason. John Crow RB/OLB #36 for Central Hardin has exceptional speed and power. I've seen the Witherspoon kid play many times and he is talented, but his behavior on the field indicates a need for discipline. I'm hopeful that someone coaching or mentoring him is able to convey the importance of humility and a team concept. I saw the Wellman and Varney(great name) kids play in middle school and must agree with Padd4Pirate. Talented, tough and well disciplined football players.

The running back #24 for Bowling Green is the real deal. I think his name is J'son Beason. John Crow RB/OLB #36 for Central Hardin has exceptional speed and power. I've seen the Witherspoon kid play many times and he is talented, but his behavior on the field indicates a need for discipline. I'm hopeful that someone coaching or mentoring him is able to convey the importance of humility and a team concept. I saw the Wellman and Varney(great name) kids play in middle school and must agree with Padd4Pirate. Talented, tough and well disciplined football players.

Congrats on your first post Varney!:thumb:

 

I don't know much about the Beason kid from BG. I will have to make a game to try and see him and all these young men play.

Thank you, and I hope you're able to catch a freshman game. The BG quarterback is good too. I watched Central Hardin freshmen beat BG 49-42, but only because they had the ball last and offense ruled the game.

Cooper freshmen had a real nice qb/athlete in Schlarman. I believe he is now starting varsity defense at safety.

Nelson Perrin

Fleming County has a nice Freshman team. They are undefeated on the season and have only given up 18 points in 6 games. Some standouts for them are Wr/Db Brad Glascock, TE/Lb Zach Alexander and Wr/lb Jaden Waller.

Cooper freshmen had a real nice qb/athlete in Schlarman. I believe he is now starting varsity defense at safety.

 

I have seen this kid play a few times and like what I see.

You guys will hear this for 3 years. "Lucas to Becher for a Collins Touchdown"

A kid from Franklin Simpson "Saul Brady". He starts varsity as safety and is a great running back as well. Many will remember him in all star games the last two years. he runs offense a and defense as a freshman. This kid is a stud! He was number 24 in Middle school and now is known as 18.

  • Author
I have seen this kid play a few times and like what I see.

 

I watched Cooper play Cov Cath a few weeks ago, this Schlarman kid was everywhere. I am sure the freshman team is missing him, if he moved on to Varsity. Curious though, how it is going for him on Varsity? Is it worth moving up?

I watched Cooper play Cov Cath a few weeks ago, this Schlarman kid was everywhere. I am sure the freshman team is missing him, if he moved on to Varsity. Curious though, how it is going for him on Varsity? Is it worth moving up?

 

 

It is going well for him. The move up was smart for Cooper, IMO. He is learning the system that he will run the next 3 years defensively, he has the build and the body type to be able to play now at the varsity level and is playing very well at Safety. The move was sort of needed as well when Hicks went down for Cooper game 2 of the season and is out all year. Schlarman has been doing very well and besides a few mistakes here and there he is really learning the difference between freshman football and varsity football

Nelson Perrin is the best freshman football player in NKy I have seen. If he grows a few inches look out!

Nelson Perrin is the best freshman football player in NKy I have seen. If he grows a few inches look out!

 

Guess you only been to Scott games then. He great player but there is kids on the same level he is on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.