Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 88 Campbell County 12

Featured Replies

Man, talk about reading too far into things... :lol2:

 

By the way, how was it that Highlands is the only school in the state that has their own Emoji on BluegrassPreps???

 

 

Work harder and maybe CovCath will get one.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have thought the mud bowl earned that honor.

 

Possibly. Was there a thread on that particular game in the last year? Could be a contender for the title.

CWB must be turning into a closet cake lover! Shhhh....your secret is safe with me! ;) Go Birds! :angrybird12:

 

He is. You should see his reasoning in the 4A rankings thread about where Collins should be ranked. He says Collins should be ranked ahead of CovCath, Boyle and LexCath because they are the defending champs and return 10 of 23 starters. Funny though, they defeated Highlands in the championship game but he sure wouldn't rank them above Highlands. Matter of fact, I think he is an honorary cake eater at this point. I guess we know what color blue Colonels_Wear_Blue is wearing now don't we? :lol2:

 

ifXtejp.gif

:laugh:

 

BTW - I found CovCath's emoji. It was right here the whole time! :poop:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JUST KIDDING, CWB!!!

Maybe Glyde was a DB on that campbell Co Team ?!!

Maybe Glyde was a DB on that campbell Co Team ?!!

 

Possibly. It may well have taken his neck 15 years to recover from the workout it got watching all those Lorenzen TD passes and he's just now able to face a computer screen.

Been burning you up inside for 15+ years and just had to get it off your chest?

 

This....

 

Quote of yr...OMG funny stuff right there

Not hating on the guy. I don't know him. I Just wasn't impressed with his football philosophy. The khsaa site lists him as Campbell's coach in 1998. They could have it wrong, but I believe the site over your memory.

 

Lol! I think I will go with Stinky on this one too. I'm just thinking he knows a little more than you do my friend on this situation.

This should help :popcorn:

 

aturday, September 5, 1998

 

The Highlands football team set a school record for single-game scoring Friday night, beating Campbell County 88-12 in Fort Thomas. The total tied Hopkinsville for the eighth-best single-game output in state history.

 

"Our guys just executed so well," Highlands coach Dale Mueller said. "I was so impressed with the way we played throughout." Senior running back Brian Ulbricht returned the game's opening kickoff 80 yards for a touchdown, and the scoring never seemed to stop for the home team.

 

The Bluebirds scored 28 points in the first quarter, then 27 in the second, resting their starters after halftime. Senior quarterback Jared Lorenzen completed 11-of-17 passes for 302 yards and five touchdowns in the first half.

 

Senior tight end Derek Smith caught two passes for 99 yards, both touchdowns. Junior running back Brenden Zenni rushed for 109 yards and two more scores, all after halftime.

 

"Jared, he looked like an NFL quarterback stopped by for the night," Mueller said. "The same way with Derek, who made two amazing catches. Everybody we put in played great."

 

Highlands has scored 139 points in two games.

 

The single-game state record is 136 points, set by Hopkinsville in a 1912 game vs. Adams (Tenn.) High. Hopkinsville's 88-point effort, which Highlands tied Friday, came in 1966 against Bath County.

 

Campbell County 0 0 0 12 - 12

Highlands 28 27 13 20 - 88

H - Ulbricht 80 kickoff return (Jones kick)

H - Smith 65 pass from Lorenzen (Jones kick)

H - Gibson 4 run (Jones kick)

H - Hamblin 25 pass from Lorenzen (Jones kick)

H - Ulbricht 76 pass from Lorenzen (Jones kick)

H - Hasson 62 pass from Lorenzen (Jones kick)

H - Smith 34 pass from Lorenzen (kick failed)

H - Gibson 12 run (Jones kick)

H - Zenni 61 run (Jones kick)

H - Zenni 1 run (kick failed)

CC - Applegate 8 run (kick failed)

H - Fennell 22 run (Malone kick)

H - Behymer 35 interception return (Malone kick)

CC - Mason 94 kickoff return (kick failed)

H - Bonomini 14 run (kick failed)

Records: H 2-0, CC 1-1.

 

I am very disappointed in the Special Teams play here...sloppy to say the least...I heard Dale called a time out and chewed their butts and then they went out and blocked the PAT...Just sayin

 

 

The scary fact of this game is that this was one of CC better teams and were actually favorites to win by +2 by some local handicappers in Silver Grove...LOL

[/b]

 

Lol! I think I will go with Stinky on this one too. I'm just thinking he knows a little more than you do my friend on this situation.

 

I'll concede Goetz wasn't the coach, but it was still his old players so he shares the blame. Plus his alltime record was real bad. Again, that doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Just that I never enjoyed his 1 yard and a cloud of dust offenses.

I have been told all winter long by someone very very close to the program long this yr 2014 is Campbell's year to beat the "Cake Eaters"...

 

Can't wait to see my Birds play on the new field that covers the spot where I use to catch bluegill 20 yrs ago...had alot of luck in that farm pond...:thumb:

I'll concede Goetz wasn't the coach, but it was still his old players so he shares the blame. Plus his alltime record was real bad. Again, that doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Just that I never enjoyed his 1 yard and a cloud of dust offenses.

 

It's his old players so he shares the blame??? What is this, college? :ohbrother:

They way to stop beat downs like this is to induce the QB to leave the game on a stretcher.

They way to stop beat downs like this is to induce the QB to leave the game on a stretcher.

 

You're advocating injuring a high school kid because you can't stop him?

They way to stop beat downs like this is to induce the QB to leave the game on a stretcher.

 

Wow!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.