July 10, 201412 yr Bright side, 4 of 5, I'll certainly take it. Absolutely, gotta love the way they're playing right now.
July 10, 201412 yr Absolutely' date=' gotta love the way they're playing right now.[/quote'] The injuries have certainly lessened the great feeling enormously.
July 10, 201412 yr Somebody help me understand how the Cubs scored the tying run. Gamecast says Rizzo grounded out to Pena and Alcantara goes to 3B on Pena's throwing error. Assume Pena stepped on 1B and then tried to get Alcantara at 2B and threw it away? Without the error, they must have assumed Alcantara would have scored from 2B on Castro's hit because they gave Broxton an ER despite next batter hitting into DP. Also, didn't see a good replay, but any chance Schumaker "should" have caught Valbuena's triple? I realize he was banging into the wall and it hit his glove, so it is not an error.
July 10, 201412 yr The injuries have certainly lessened the great feeling enormously. No doubt, going to be very hard to sustain this level of play.
July 10, 201412 yr This loss didn't set well with my soul today. Bailey has his usual brain farts(hits batter, walks batter he shouldn't, mistake pitch to rookie), Broxton gives it up in the eighth, Price sits what few hitters he has and we get the wonderful triumvirate of Barnhardt, Santiago, and Heisey, and then, of course, Hoover sucks. Bad loss.
July 10, 201412 yr Somebody help me understand how the Cubs scored the tying run. Gamecast says Rizzo grounded out to Pena and Alcantara goes to 3B on Pena's throwing error. Assume Pena stepped on 1B and then tried to get Alcantara at 2B and threw it away? Without the error, they must have assumed Alcantara would have scored from 2B on Castro's hit because they gave Broxton an ER despite next batter hitting into DP. Also, didn't see a good replay, but any chance Schumaker "should" have caught Valbuena's triple? I realize he was banging into the wall and it hit his glove, so it is not an error. You are correct. Tough play on Valbuena's ball.
July 10, 201412 yr Great series. Now Rizzo is worried he's gonna get dotted by the Missile. Perfect. Rizzo just named to All Star team. He and Aroldis...long walks in the park, swapping jerseys, I can see it now.
July 10, 201412 yr Broxton gave it up because of a terrible throwing error by Pena and a very stupid 1-2 pitch to Castro right down the middle. Go with the Hook. Even the Cubs announcers were questioning the pitch selection. Should have let Bruce in to play first.
July 11, 201412 yr Been a great homestand so far. Be nice to take at least two against the Pirates. I can't decide who I like more, Meso or Hamilton.
July 11, 201412 yr I sure hope I don't jinx them on Sunday. If I do, I'm blaming the sorry Mets fan who's hooking me up with the free ticket.
July 11, 201412 yr Great series, and the Brewers are getting spanked by Philly. Garza carried a no-no into the 7th and got beat 9-1. When's the last time you heard of that happening?
July 11, 201412 yr Garza carried a no-no into the 7th and got beat 9-1. When's the last time you heard of that happening? That is such a Matt Garza move. :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.