Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State Updates

Featured Replies

Did you ever find out the injury?

 

Torn meniscus

  • Replies 122
  • Views 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hagen Tyler is the best scorer in the state in the 2014/15 season.

 

Reminds me of Brandon Roy...

My roster:

00 Jacob Conway - Lincoln

1 Timmy Taylor - Lincoln

2 Will Brown - Rock Creek Indiana

5 Jared Savage - Warren Central

10 Ronnie Carson - East Jessamine

21 Tanner Johnson - Lex Cath

22 Gedeon Nzombi - Rock Creek Indiana

23 Hagen Tyler - Boyle

24 Ronald Karenzi - Rock Creek Indiana

31 Skyler Hunter - Calloway

42 Trey Moses - Eastern

17U NKY Royals

Junior Stockwell (Boone Co)

Blake Donovan (Boone Co)

Connor Kunstek (St Henry)

Jacob Barnes (Conner)

Justin Rabe (Conner)

Jason Covington (Holmes)

Davontay Williams (Dixie)

Eric Moore (Ryle)

Kameron Covington (Newport)

 

The team lost all 3 games at KBA. Heard Kunstek played well, scoring at least 20 points per game with double digit rebounds.

Just spoke with Jared Farris's father and he says that he will finish the year out with HoopDreams.

I even reading through these posts and I cant figure out why no one is talking more about Johnson from Jtown. He scored 24 pts in their first game Sunday morning and was solid throughout the tournament.

I even reading through these posts and I cant figure out why no one is talking more about Johnson from Jtown. He scored 24 pts in their first game Sunday morning and was solid throughout the tournament.

 

He stood out to me. He's in my recap article that's coming out soon.

Louisville magic 16 w a nice double digit comeback vs ky elite . Tied w 4 to go

Team manimal down 13 to heat w 6 to go..

Ville taking it to hoop dreams orange. Wrong guys shoot too much for Joop dreams. They are down 16 w 4 to go and was never close. Hd black was down 10 now it's 3 with 3 to go vs retros

 

Outstanding performances from Darius Williams and DJ Tyree. Down 18 to the KY Elite in this one, Williams and Tyree(Columbus Ohio) led a charge that KY Elite could not stop. Neither could be kept out of the paint as the constantly got basket over and over. This game featured a matchup between two the top sophmores in the state, Williams and Eli Wright. Eli Wright did his thing but Darius Williams really took it to him. One on one Darius Williams is nearly impossible to stop. His full repertoir was on display. He ended up with 26 in this one. DJ Tyree dropped 20 in 4th quarter on KY Elite.

 

This Louisville Magic 16u team is deceptively good! Only returning 2 players, Williams & Tyree from last years team. I could include Colton Elkins but he played up majority of last season and this year so far, but he was able to play a few games with his age group over the weekend. He looked a lot more comfortable or shall I say had more fun playing with his age group. This kid jumps out of the gym! He's a good post defender and shot blocker. He has a nice 10-15ft jumper. Also hits the left and right hook shot consitently. I don't think he realizes how dominant he can be but when he does, look out! They also had two other players, on, standing 6'8(also played with 17's) and the other about 6'3 (also played with 15's) that was built like an NFL free safety. Both of those guys were playing up. They brought size, shooting, rebounding hustle and athleticism to this team. Lexington Catholics Donovan Morris also played with the Magic and had a pretty solid tournament. Can't believe he didn't get much pt at LC. The only other player from this team I can name is Tony Washington(Waggener). One word to describe this kid, "DOG!" I was really impressed with the combination of Washington and Williams in the backcourt. The kid (Washington) can shoot it, dish it and get to the rack. He handles the ball really well! His no fear, no backdown attitude is what I really like about him. The Magic had 2 other guards that had nice strokes and played key roles in the Magic's run over the weekend. From Friday to Sunday this team was in dog fights.

 

Most games they played without a full roster due to a few kids playing with the other two Magic teams. All in all I was impressed with the way this team played together. They had one of the toughest routes to the champioship playing Cameron Hoskins All-Stars, Team Heartbeat(Was a good game up until the Magic ran away with it at the end), Hoop Dreams, KY Elite and KY Heat. Still never heard why KY Heat-Brewer never showed. I feel this Magic team was the most overlooked and underrated in the tournament but they proved they can play with and beat anybody.

 

Sorry I couldn't get a complete roster for this team.

If everyone could please start threads using the team name and post the roster there for an easier reference point?

 

It'll looking for the rosters much easier.

 

 

Thanks. :thumb:

17U NKY Royals

Junior Stockwell (Boone Co)

Blake Donovan (Boone Co)

Connor Kunstek (St Henry)

Jacob Barnes (Conner)

Justin Rabe (Conner)

Jason Covington (Holmes)

Davontay Williams (Dixie)

Eric Moore (Ryle)

Kameron Covington (Newport)

 

The team lost all 3 games at KBA. Heard Kunstek played well, scoring at least 20 points per game with double digit rebounds.

 

Really like Stockwell and his size. Who all did this team play? I know you said they lost all 3, but did they compete? Thanks!

Really like Stockwell and his size. Who all did this team play? I know you said they lost all 3, but did they compete? Thanks!

 

I watched 2 of their games, Friday night and late Saturday afternoon, Both games they started slow and came back to take the lead and were in both games to the end(should have won both) but couldnt pull it off,I believe single digit loses, Kunstek played very well and their Guard play was very impressive for the lack of size, Donovan can see the floor as good as anyone Ive watched, he is able to distribute the ball and make plays out of nowhere. There were a lot of missed layups and turnovers down low in both games that seemed like they were just mental mistakes from the post players, This team has a lot of upside and neither Kameron nor Jason Covington played this weekend, I think had either been there they would have been a big help

I noticed in the schedules that Hoop Dreams two teams were designated I believe Hoop Dreams-Black and Hoop Dreams-Orange. Which was Coach Q's team?

I noticed in the schedules that Hoop Dreams two teams were designated I believe Hoop Dreams-Black and Hoop Dreams-Orange. Which was Coach Q's team?

 

Orange

Thanks Wireman, good job on updates and tourney, much appreciated.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.