Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best pitching staffs in NKY

Featured Replies

I see Seiter has pitched a lot of the big games for Bellevue. What's the scoop on him?

 

Seiter is tough as nails. Changes speeds, changes eye level, etc. He will be Bellevue's big game pitcher for the next two years. He backs down from no one.

 

His expereince likely helps a bit as he was a 6th grader at Silver Grove throwing district seed games against Campbell Co. and other big schools.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Seiter is tough as nails. Changes speeds, changes eye level, etc. He will be Bellevue's big game pitcher for the next two years. He backs down from no one.

 

His expereince likely helps a bit as he was a 6th grader at Silver Grove throwing district seed games against Campbell Co. and other big schools.

 

I am glad Seiter is getting his just due! I always enjoyed talking with him! He was always pleasant and mindful! Keep up the good work!

I've watched him twice, against CCH and NCC. He has a presence on the mound and knows what he's doing. One worry. Against both he easily threw his curve over 50% of the time. He is not a big kid by any means. I hope he holds up. Fun to watch.

I've watched him twice, against CCH and NCC. He has a presence on the mound and knows what he's doing. One worry. Against both he easily threw his curve over 50% of the time. He is not a big kid by any means. I hope he holds up. Fun to watch.

 

 

What you think is a curve is actually a change up. He's thrown it for the last two years. Looks like a curve but without the arm strain. He is very effective with it. He does throw the curve but much less than it appears.

Briley has been throwing the " Football Pitch " since he has been 10 or 11yrs old. I believe he learned it from coach Myeroff? Briley is an extremely smart/crafty pitcher and has been since he was a little kid.

Briley has been throwing the " Football Pitch " since he has been 10 or 11yrs old. I believe he learned it from coach Myeroff? Briley is an extremely smart/crafty pitcher and has been since he was a little kid.

What is a "Football pitch"

 

Never heard of that term.

What is a "Football pitch"

 

Never heard of that term.

 

It's because of the grip. He holds it like a football. Several of Meyerhoff's former players have learned it. Great pitch, reduces strain from the curveball. If you know how to throw it, and Seiter does, it is very, very effective.

It's because of the grip. He holds it like a football. Several of Meyerhoff's former players have learned it. Great pitch, reduces strain from the curveball. If you know how to throw it, and Seiter does, it is very, very effective.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, Nolan Ryan threw a curve ball that was similar. He had such great velocity he would simply girp the ball more to the side with his fingers which would create a nasty curve and is why he was able to last so long without straining his arm with over the top curve balls.

Who has the deepest staff? I know Highlands, Cooper, Boone, Beechwood and CovCath have all been mentioned as really really good staffs. How deep does Boone's staff go?

Who has the deepest staff? I know Highlands, Cooper, Boone, Beechwood and CovCath have all been mentioned as really really good staffs. How deep does Boone's staff go?

 

I don't see how anyone could have a deeper staff than Dixie. Lost one pitcher from last year's deep staff and added about a half dozen.

I don't see how anyone could have a deeper staff than Dixie. Lost one pitcher from last year's deep staff and added about a half dozen.

 

Good point. Who is part of the starting rotation.

I don't see how anyone could have a deeper staff than Dixie. Lost one pitcher from last year's deep staff and added about a half dozen.

 

With an 18-1 record and 2.5 runs per game allowed (47 runs in 19 games) it's hard to argue with Old_Bulldog.

  • Author

No wonder they are rolling over everyone. An incredible year so far for sure.

Good point. Who is part of the starting rotation.

 

Returners:

Mitch Anderson, Adam Daria*, Henry Kerns, Nick King, Nick Niehaus, Griffin Smallwood*, Matt Wehrle (* pitched sparingly last year).

 

Somebody else will need to fill in the new guys.

It's because of the grip. He holds it like a football. Several of Meyerhoff's former players have learned it. Great pitch, reduces strain from the curveball. If you know how to throw it, and Seiter does, it is very, very effective.

 

I've never hear that term either, but I know the pitch. Where I'm from it was called the "cunny thumb" curve. Easy on the arm and you can throw it different speeds and get slightly different action.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.