Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

40-0 part II

Featured Replies

  • Author
Does it say 2014 National Champs?

 

Nope, Im not that guy. Not that crazy. I just love the CATS and hope that they win the title and go undefeated.

 

Is it a crime to root for my team to win every game? Some would suggest Its either ridiculous to think so, or that I should just say, they have talent, but not enough to go undefeated. That is crazy!!

 

This team is loaded and while fair or unfair, they will have high expectations based on:

Its Kentucky

All-Americans

Final Four run

Returning starters

Coach Cal

 

So, I say, "Lets embrace the chance to go undefeated and Win #9"!!

 

C-A-T-S

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Nope, Im not that guy. Not that crazy. I just love the CATS and hope that they win the title and go undefeated.

 

Is it a crime to root for my team to win every game? Some would suggest Its either ridiculous to think so, or that I should just say, they have talent, but not enough to go undefeated. That is crazy!!

 

This team is loaded and while fair or unfair, they will have high expectations based on:

Its Kentucky

All-Americans

Final Four run

Returning starters

Coach Cal

 

So, I say, "Lets embrace the chance to go undefeated and Win #9"!!

 

C-A-T-S

 

I'm with ya brother! Hoping for an undefeated season as well. Almost impossible to happen but I would love to see it happen!

I ain't mad at him. Had Jabari came back I would make you all despise Duke like you never have before.

Had Jabari came back I would make you all despise Duke like you never have before.

 

We wouldn't want you any other way.

I didn't really have to read through the thread to know what I wanted to say in this case. The title sufficed enough for me to develop an opinion...

 

Kind of sounds like the definition of ignorance.

I didn't really have to read through the thread to know what I wanted to say in this case. The title sufficed enough for me to develop an opinion...

 

I see you've adopted the Steve Martin philosophy as expressed in his "Grandmother's Song":

 

"Criticize things you DON'T know about."

I ain't mad at him. Had Jabari came back I would make you all despise Duke like you never have before.

 

Already mad at them for getting Luke Kennard........

Dang. If only we had not started and posted THIS THREAD, the world would love UK. This was our one & only chance at world peace, and it's now forever lost because of this thread. Oh, the pain of it all.

 

:lol2: See there's my problem. There is the standard annoying UK fan base, then there are the contingency of the UK fan base like yourself that doesn't acknowledge that there is an annoying UK fan base.

 

Let me put it to you this way, I have friends that are UK fans. We can stay friends because they would look at this thread and say "man those guys are crazy, we don't need to be talking about 40-0 again." Does that make them less of a UK fan? No. And it also is reasonable sports talk.

 

I've heard many a UK fan talk about how the first 40-0 stuff was nonsense that the media started. Now here we are, yet again, talking about 40-0. Next year, after L #1 (and there may not be many L's) but after L #1, someone will tell me that the media started the talk.

 

Kind of sounds like the definition of ignorance.

 

I see you've adopted the Steve Martin philosophy as expressed in his "Grandmother's Song":

 

"Criticize things you DON'T know about."

 

And I :lol2: at this one too... Okay, now I went back and read the thread. It said exactly what I thought it would. Man you guys really made your point there.

I've heard many a UK fan talk about how the first 40-0 stuff was nonsense that the media started. Now here we are, yet again, talking about 40-0. Next year, after L #1 (and there may not be many L's) but after L #1, someone will tell me that the media started the talk.

 

Dan Dakich tweeted about it before a BGP thread popped up, so the media did start it haha!

Not happening. Next thread.

:lol2: See there's my problem. There is the standard annoying UK fan base, then there are the contingency of the UK fan base like yourself that doesn't acknowledge that there is an annoying UK fan base.
WHO doesn't acknowledge that there are annoying fans??!! Of course, there are! They're everywhere, for every team.

 

Fan: short for the word "fanatic". We root & support our teams, and we have (overly) optimistic hopes for them. But most of all, we have fun. And I'm having a blast with this 40-0 stuff! Until UK gets it's first loss, I will be rooting for a perfect season.

 

And even if UK does get a loss, it won't be over in my eyes. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

 

Let me put it to you this way, I have friends that are UK fans. We can stay friends because they would look at this thread and say "man those guys are crazy, we don't need to be talking about 40-0 again." Does that make them less of a UK fan? No. And it also is reasonable sports talk.
So, you and your friends can STAY friends as long as they think like you ("reasonable sports talk"). Got it.

 

Lemme esplain. No, there is too much. Lemme summup. I have friends of all degrees of enthusiasm. We get along great. You and your friends need to loosen up.

 

And if that doesn't help you I can only think of one other thing: toga party.

Not happening. Next thread.

 

Helloooo, Mister Grumpy Gills.

 

Dory.jpg

WHO

 

So, you and your friends can STAY friends as long as they think like you ("reasonable sports talk"). Got it.

 

Lemme esplain. No, there is too much. Lemme summup. I have friends of all degrees of enthusiasm. We get along great. You and your friends need to loosen up.

 

And if that doesn't help you I can only think of one other thing: toga party.

 

Doesn't have to think like me to be 'reasonable sports talk.' Just have to be logical and use reasoning. When was the last time anyone went 40-0? That's right. Never. And, parity is at an all time high in college basketball by most everyone's standards, making it even more difficult. Looking back at the last 3 teams that even went the regular season undefeated, they were all playing in mid major conferences, making their road far less difficult than that of the one UK will have.

 

If they couldn't do it, then why should we expect UK? Yes. Their collection of overall talent might be the best all time, definitely top 3. But we all know that there are other variables. And there is no reason to think all of a sudden for the first time in 40 years a team is going to put a 0 in the column on the right.

 

So, no, you don't have to think like me, but you do have to be able to take your blue shaded glasses off long enough to make a reasonable analysis...

 

But hey. That's just me.

Helloooo, Mister Grumpy Gills.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44212[/ATTACH]

 

No, not at all (although that did make me LOL) but it's just not happening in today's game. It's unreasonable to even put that thought out there, IMO. I think 38-2 would be a miraculous season and 35-5 is more realistic.

Doesn't have to think like me to be 'reasonable sports talk.' Just have to be logical and use reasoning. When was the last time anyone went 40-0? That's right. Never. And, parity is at an all time high in college basketball by most everyone's standards, making it even more difficult. Looking back at the last 3 teams that even went the regular season undefeated, they were all playing in mid major conferences, making their road far less difficult than that of the one UK will have.

 

If they couldn't do it, then why should we expect UK? Yes. Their collection of overall talent might be the best all time, definitely top 3. But we all know that there are other variables. And there is no reason to think all of a sudden for the first time in 40 years a team is going to put a 0 in the column on the right.

 

So, no, you don't have to think like me, but you do have to be able to take your blue shaded glasses off long enough to make a reasonable analysis...

 

But hey. That's just me.

THIS is where you're going wrong. I don't "expect" it. I hope for it, and will root for it until it no longer possible.

 

No one "expects" the Cubs to make the World Series, but until they're mathematically eliminated (usually by July) their fans root & hope for it to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.