Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Pirates (4/21 thru 4/24)

Featured Replies

I am just saying that in my opinion Cueto and Cingrani have more upside to be that #1, #2 pitcher that can carry you through a post season. I would wait and see on both. They may not be the players that I throw the money at. I am just saying I would not have thrown it at Bailey either. I know that Bailey has thrown a couple of no hitters and that he has looked good in stretches, but I just don't think he was worth the money they just spent.

 

Homer Bailey has pitched 9 post season innings allowing a total of 3 hits with 1 walk, giving up 1 run and striking out 12 batters. He won the SF series for them if they didn't have a couple bone headed player and managing decisions.

 

Why do fans care so much about contracts on these guys? The Reds have shown a willingness to spend money ever since Castellini took over. He knows he's going to get even more money from the new TV contract. I don't see their payroll dipping below $80M anytime soon. Of course Bailey's numbers aren't the best ever but he got fair market value if not below it to stay. He didn't get the Kershaw deal. He's improved every year and I think he's historically started seasons slow. Tough to judge this contract right now.

  • Replies 625
  • Views 61.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Homer Bailey has pitched 9 post season innings allowing a total of 3 hits with 1 walk, giving up 1 run and striking out 12 batters. He won the SF series for them if they didn't have a couple bone headed player and managing decisions.

 

Why do fans care so much about contracts on these guys? The Reds have shown a willingness to spend money ever since Castellini took over. He knows he's going to get even more money from the new TV contract. I don't see their payroll dipping below $80M anytime soon. Of course Bailey's numbers aren't the best ever but he got fair market value if not below it to stay. He didn't get the Kershaw deal. He's improved every year and I think he's historically started seasons slow. Tough to judge this contract right now.

Really? Did you really just type that?

Really? Did you really just type that?

 

Yeah. Is there something that makes fans think this ownership group will nickle dime the fans to death like their neighbors? Of course they could end up being in contract hell in 3 years, but who cares right now? Go for the damn thing and see what happens. These contracts aren't going down. Cingrani will get more than Bailey from whoever he gets his from when he gets his next deal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ah4PW47PiAi-dEdTWTJFemZTeUdnLXVkQjh1VWdWRnc&output=html

 

 

Chapman is arbitration eligible for the 3rd time, Cueto , Leake, and Latos are free agents. Votto jumps to $20M that year as well.

 

They knew they couldn't sign a healthy Cueto and Latos is my guess as to why they got Bailey. They thought they could do Bailey, Leake and one or the other. Now it looks like Latos' contract may be a tad lower b/c of injury.

Yeah. Is there something that makes fans think this ownership group will nickle dime the fans to death like their neighbors? Of course they could end up being in contract hell in 3 years, but who cares right now? Go for the damn thing and see what happens. These contracts aren't going down. Cingrani will get more than Bailey from whoever he gets his from when he gets his next deal.

 

That's why I care.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ah4PW47PiAi-dEdTWTJFemZTeUdnLXVkQjh1VWdWRnc&output=html

 

 

Chapman is arbitration eligible for the 3rd time ( I think that might be wrong, he might be a FA). Cueto , Leake, and Latos are free agents. Votto jumps to $20M that year as well.

 

I've always been under the impression that we had Chapman until his first contract ran out, and were unlikely to get him beyond that.

 

I think they know/are planning on losing one of their starters in the next couple years. Stephenson has been a minor league monster and will be ready soon...

That's why I care.

 

I just don't see it. I also hope they go for it this year and next year without worrying about the future contract hell. It didn't work out last year but I'm glad they went for it. 1 title and I'd be good with a few years of contract hell if that was to happen.

I just don't see it. I also hope they go for it this year and next year without worrying about the future contract hell. It didn't work out last year but I'm glad they went for it. 1 title and I'd be good with a few years of contract hell if that was to happen.

 

I'd be better with sustained success....

OK. I'm not getting the point as to how that impacts this season and so far a somewhat failure??

 

It doesn't, he asked.

Homer has the best stuff on the team. It's still, and always has been, a matter of what's between the ears with him IMO.

 

The guy with the best "stuff" is the same guy that struggles mightily to put hitters away with 2 strike counts. There is no chance I would have signed him long term at that price tag...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.