Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Tennessee coach?

Featured Replies

There is nothing to accomplish at Tennessee that he can't accomplish where he is.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree it's likely warmer in Knoxville but it doesn't sit on the equator. Let's be honest, during the season neither destination is a place you want to be if you are seeking warmth. Plenty of good players in Minneapolis and the surrounding metropolitan areas plus they are the only D1 school in the state.

 

Um, there's a big difference between the two. Knoxville really didn't have much of a winter the year I lived there. Lots of rain and mild temps. About as different from what I recall of my multiple February visits to Minneapolis, which was miserable each time.

AD should be fired. What a terrible, terrible choice.

You would have thought they learned with Martin. If they want big time results, pay a big time coach.

It's part of the deal of Louisiana Tech hiring Pat Summit's son. :)

Did this AD hire Dooley too?

No big name is going to want to coach at Tennessee while their fans are still not over Bruce Pearl, who also happens to be coaching in the conference now. Career wise, if I'm Marshall, I'd laugh at Tennessee calling. Wichita State just got a nice boost with the infusion of some Nike money into the program.

 

No offense to Vols fans, but Marshall could have better offers than what they'd have at this point in time.

 

Personally, I think they'd best be served to hire someone with some recruiting ties in the Nashville area and whose name has some sway with local high school coaches. I don't see Tennessee going into Memphis and taking many kids from Pastner, who seems to have the area locked down unless it comes to recruiting against some power conference heavyweights (which Tennessee isn't); I do see Tennessee being successful trying to lock down Nashville and any towns east, and then trying to find fill out the rest of the roster with some kids from Georgia.

 

Again, if I'm a coach, no way I touch that job with Pearl still fresh in fan's minds and now coaching down the road. Tennessee is a football school that will settle for being decent in basketball. They've just spent on the football program by firing Dooley, then hiring & buying out Butch Jones. I don't really know if there's enough left in the coffers to be the kind of life changing money that they'd need to offer an established coach to just make it a no-brainer for them.

Lane Kiffin.

I think Michael White of Louisiana Tech would be a great hire for Tennessee. He played and coached in the SEC at Ole Miss and knows the landscape in the south. His father has been an athletic director at Arizona State, Notre Dame, and now Duke so he has been around college athletics for a long time.

 

His this year's team at Louisiana Tech played uptempo and was fun to watch. If I were Dave Hart at Tennessee, I would hire him.

I think Michael White of Louisiana Tech would be a great hire for Tennessee. He played and coached in the SEC at Ole Miss and knows the landscape in the south. His father has been an athletic director at Arizona State, Notre Dame, and now Duke so he has been around college athletics for a long time.

 

His this year's team at Louisiana Tech played uptempo and was fun to watch. If I were Dave Hart at Tennessee, I would hire him.

 

I think he's a much better option than most of the other guys thrown around in this thread (outside of Marshall of course).

I think he's a much better option than most of the other guys thrown around in this thread (outside of Marshall of course).

 

I agree.

I think he's a much better option than most of the other guys thrown around in this thread (outside of Marshall of course).

 

He's not better than anybody on any list,c'mon now. He's better than Tubby,Howland,Ford,Pitino. Your just saying that just to be different, as always

He's not better than anybody on any list,c'mon now. He's better than Tubby,Howland,Ford,Pitino. Your just saying that just to be different, as always

 

You mean the person who mentioned Tubby was being serious?

 

He's absolutely a better option than Travis Ford. He's a better option than Richard Pitino too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.