Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Tennessee coach?

Featured Replies

You mean the person who mentioned Tubby was being serious?

 

He's absolutely a better option than Travis Ford. He's a better option than Richard Pitino too.

 

You know all when it comes to college and pro sports, curious to know why Mike White is a better option than anyone that has been mentioned on this thread

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know all when it comes to college and pro sports, curious to know why Mike White is a better option than anyone that has been mentioned on this thread

 

He isn't. At all. Tennessee can do much better than Mike White.

You know all when it comes to college and pro sports, curious to know why Mike White is a better option than anyone that has been mentioned on this thread

 

It's a personal opinion, hence the words "I think" at the beginning of my post.

 

I like what he's done at LaTech so far. He's made them relevant in terms of CUSA in a short time period, I'm a fan of the style they played, and he's from and played in the South. All those things make him a good choice for the UT job IMO.

He isn't. At all. Tennessee can do much better than Mike White.

 

Wireman...I don't understand your insistence that Tennessee can do much better than Michael White.

 

I think he is an outstanding up and coming coach. As a player, he was a hard-nosed overachiever on some very good Ole Miss teams. He was an outstanding recruiter as a young Ole Miss assistant. He has developed an exciting style of play in a short time at Louisiana Tech. He is the son of a very well connected Athletic Director at Duke University.

 

I think Tennessee would be lucky to get him. If they don't, I promise you he will get a big offer at another school in the very near future.

What's his NCAA Tournament record? How many programs has he turned around and/or built?

Wow- stunned that Mike White would turn this down. This sets up well for Tyndall- if he takes it.

Tyndall is the best fit anyways IMO

Sounds like a contract has been offered to Mike White but it was rejected due to buyout and $$.

What's his NCAA Tournament record? How many programs has he turned around and/or built?

 

Quite a few years ago, my favorite college basketball team hired a coach with NO college coaching experience. He had played college ball and after graduating from college actually coached wrestling before becoming a high school basketball coach. In four high school seasons, he compiled a record of 66-21, but my favorite university hired him anyway.

 

His name was Adolph Frederick Rupp.

 

My point.....great coaches, future Hall of Fame coaches like the Rupps and Lombardis have to start somewhere. I am not saying Michael White will ever make the Hall of Fame, but he will be a damn good college basketball coach for some program.

By the way, I think Donnie Tyndall is a good coach.

 

I would take Michael White before him though.

I would think Tennessee job would be hard for DT to turn down. I wish him the best regardless.

@GoodmanESPN: Tennessee has reached out to Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall, sources told ESPN. No offer ... Yet.

@GoodmanESPN: Tennessee has reached out to Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall, sources told ESPN. No offer ... Yet.

 

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 5m

BREAKING: Sources told @CBSSports that Tennessee has offered Donnie Tyndall. He plans to accept and be the Vols’ next coach. Story coming …

 

Well then.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.