Next Tennessee coach?

You mean the person who mentioned Tubby was being serious?

He's absolutely a better option than Travis Ford. He's a better option than Richard Pitino too.

You know all when it comes to college and pro sports, curious to know why Mike White is a better option than anyone that has been mentioned on this thread

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know all when it comes to college and pro sports, curious to know why Mike White is a better option than anyone that has been mentioned on this thread

He isn't. At all. Tennessee can do much better than Mike White.

It's a personal opinion, hence the words "I think" at the beginning of my post.

I like what he's done at LaTech so far. He's made them relevant in terms of CUSA in a short time period, I'm a fan of the style they played, and he's from and played in the South. All those things make him a good choice for the UT job IMO.

He isn't. At all. Tennessee can do much better than Mike White.

Wireman...I don't understand your insistence that Tennessee can do much better than Michael White.

I think he is an outstanding up and coming coach. As a player, he was a hard-nosed overachiever on some very good Ole Miss teams. He was an outstanding recruiter as a young Ole Miss assistant. He has developed an exciting style of play in a short time at Louisiana Tech. He is the son of a very well connected Athletic Director at Duke University.

I think Tennessee would be lucky to get him. If they don't, I promise you he will get a big offer at another school in the very near future.

What's his NCAA Tournament record? How many programs has he turned around and/or built?

Quite a few years ago, my favorite college basketball team hired a coach with NO college coaching experience. He had played college ball and after graduating from college actually coached wrestling before becoming a high school basketball coach. In four high school seasons, he compiled a record of 66-21, but my favorite university hired him anyway.

His name was Adolph Frederick Rupp.

My point.....great coaches, future Hall of Fame coaches like the Rupps and Lombardis have to start somewhere. I am not saying Michael White will ever make the Hall of Fame, but he will be a damn good college basketball coach for some program.

@GoodmanESPN: Tennessee has reached out to Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall, sources told ESPN. No offer ... Yet.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 5m

BREAKING: Sources told @CBSSports that Tennessee has offered Donnie Tyndall. He plans to accept and be the Vols’ next coach. Story coming …

Well then.