Cincinnati Reds: How soon is too soon to panic....?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 of their last 15 in May are on the road....that is brutal.

Not picking on you, just commenting on the comments that are on this thread, but why does everyone keep talking about how brutal the schedule is and how unfortunate that we are playing the Cards, etc. If you are predicted to be a 90 win team and have been a playoff team, should other teams be saying these things about playing the Reds?

Not picking on you, just commenting on the comments that are on this thread, but why does everyone keep talking about how brutal the schedule is and how unfortunate that we are playing the Cards, etc. If you are predicted to be a 90 win team and have been a playoff team, should other teams be saying these things about playing the Reds?

You can pick on me, no worries there. I don't think they are a 90 win team this year, that is well documented. However, you haven't heard me talk about the schedule in terms of opponents, with the exception of Boston and the west coast trip, more so in road games vs home games. They play more road than home in the 1st three months, that was my main point.

Way to early to predict IMO. Their starting pitching will keep them in games, but this team looks all to familiar to last year at this point. I am still concerned about the 1, 6, 7, 8 hitters. Although Meso looks promising. I would say by the break we will need to be a few games over .500 to have a shot.

Hopefully they will win their series against the Rays, who knows, maybe even sweep them. That would help get the monkey off their back a little.

That one went down the toilet with game 1 tonight :idunno: :lol2:. Also, adding to the misery Latos grabbed his forearm at the elbow while doing some bullpen work before then game tonight. Reds are going to hold him- will do no for a couple of rotations and then re examine. So, pitching depth/woes continue and if they don't start hitting, everyone on the bump will have to throw a shutout for the Reds to stay in a game.

Having said that, I believe that its far too early to give up on any post season.

Any post season improvement will help, just getting to the playoffs doesn't cut it. No reason imo, with the talent that this Reds team has to not go deep in the p/o's, possibly the NL Championship. However I do believe that the hated Cards will win the NL - go to the WS. I had said that at the start of the season.

Edited by oldrambler

No need to panic unless you actually thought this team would be any good.

It's the same team practically they had the last 5 years where they have struggled to have a consistent offense. This team will be lucky to finish above 3rd in the division.